1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 2020 thread - Season over

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 2 Feb 2020.

1. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

All analysists I've seen seem to suggest Merc is about 1s quicker than the field tho did say both Ferrari and Red Bull have been heavily sandbagging. The reckon Red Bull is second with Ferrari there abouts depending on what happens when they turn their engine up.

On long run pace Renault where as high as second quickest and on the last day of testing posted some fast flying laps. They reckon they could have closed the gap to the top but not quite as quick as Ferrari. Jolean Palmer suggested Renault made the biggest gain since Abu Dhabi last year at around 2.3s (I think it was that) where as other teams only gained about 1.5s.

The FI/RP/W10B where lifting off before the finish line but they reckon if they understand the car it could be mixing it with Renualt and McLaren at the start of the season.
    They said the reason for copying was the high rake concept and Red Bull design they copied before didn't work with the Merc packaging at the rear and they had reached the development potential of that car.

Williams seem to have caught the rest of the midfield but still at the back while everyone seems to suggest Alpha Romeo as the next worse team.
    Alpha Tauri they said look slightly better with Haas bridging the gap between the Alpha's and the rest of the midfield. The gap between them all could see even the Alpha's score points.
    If Mercs reliability is as bad as suggested and Stroll is in a faster machine racing with another class above and the Battling Ferrari duo it wouldn't be impossible to see Williams score points this season

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

3. RedFlames

The_Crapman likes this.
  4. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

5. javaman

So season prediction, Ferrari somehow win the first race and then infect some mechanics with the virus for the remainder of the season

6. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I was thinking something similar, TBH

7. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Tracing Point :hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

8. The_Crapman

9. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I agree with the teams, if the FIA want to be respected and trusted, they must be fair and transparent and BE SEEN to be fair and transparent.

The_Crapman likes this.
  10. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

This is what is most perplexing, TBH:
    Especially since prize monies are calculated by average across years, as I have it. I can appreciate the challenge there.

11. The_Crapman

Kind of different scenario but also very similar boat, McLaren got disqualified from WCC and $100m fine for spygate. If I were the other teams I'd want a fully open public enquiry.

12. RedFlames

Also if the story was 'FIA and Mercedes reach secret agreement'... Ferrari would probably be the first to kick off about it

13. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I think it's totally understandable the other teams kicking off, the FIA could have gotten round this by just saying what the exploit was and the fine but instead they probably got pressured by Ferrari to keep it quiet or the fine was quite small.

14. javaman

FIA would probably disclose the trick to all other teams and ban the Merc implementation of it

I do wonder if you average out the performance loss each race and adjust points, would red bull have beaten Ferrari?
    I suspect Haas wouldn't see much of a difference the Alpha Romeo might have more to lose

15. RedFlames

Either way, accusations of Ferrari International Assistance being at play again would abound

16. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Clearly Ferrari threatened to pull out, and the strong & robust liberty media shat their shorts, capitulated and begged for some face-saving measure.

Same ****, different owner. Bernie will be pissing himself.

17. RedFlames

It's been that long, most of the fanbase probably can't actually remember the last time Ferrari won a championship...

18. javaman

Will Hamilton retire before they win another? Would be an interesting way to bookend a career

19. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Well I very much doubt he would go to Ferrari now, if the Merc is as quick as it seems hes on for another title anyway.

20. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev