1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 2020 thread - Season over

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 2 Feb 2020.

1. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Drivers vs Youtubers on iRacing, livestreamed every weekend. I would probably pay to watch it.

The_Crapman likes this.
  2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

...well it's one way of ensuring Grsojean doesn't hit anyone.

The_Crapman likes this.
  3. fix-the-spade

No no no, if damage is off he can hit everyone.
    [​IMG]

The_Crapman likes this.
  4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

When I started at codies it was testing F1. I found a bug where you could drive straight through chicanes as long as you weren't ON the accelerator. We were having a little competition for the fastest Monaco time. The PS3 guys thought they were clever riding outside rails where they could with damage off (was actually faster driving properly where they did it though), until I found that and took something ridiculous like 9seconds off their time courtesy of Nouvelle and the swimming pool section.

javaman likes this.
  5. RedFlames

6. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Bit of a sh!t-show, to be fair... still wouldn't surprise me if any of the teams called for a season cancel.

7. The_Crapman

I would be. They'll want as much of the season as possible, to get as much prize money as possible. These are also ultra competitive people, born to race. They've invested a lot of time and money into their cars and they won't want that going to waste, not to mention the data they get from each race.

8. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

If anything the smaller teams could save a nice amount not having to take part for a few races. If any are focusing on 2021 anyway that's more resources available for that

9. fix-the-spade

It's happening!

Jimmy Broadbent, Brendon Leigh, James Baldwin, Rudy Van Buren, Antonio Felix da Costa, Max Verstappen, Neel Jani, Maximilian Günther, Nelson Piquet Jr., James Rossiter, Simon Pagenaud, Will Power, Colton Herta, Felix Rosenqvist, Juan Pablo & Sebastian Montoya, Billy Monger, Bono Huis, Wolfgang Reip, Dudu Barrichello, Ed Jones, Paul O'Neill, Devlin Defrancesco, Charlie Eastwood, Dani Juncadella, Ross Gunn, Petar Brljak, Lucas Blakeley, Jim Parisis, Muhammed Patel, Jernej Simoncic, Erhan Jajovski, Michi Moyer, Kuba Brzezinski, Gergo Baldi, Marc Gassner, Kevin Siggy Rebernak, Jiri Toman, Risto Kappet, Eros Masciulli, Nikodem Wisniewski, Peyo Peev, Zbigniew Siara, Luca D'Amelio, Maciej Mlynek, Jan von der Heyde

10. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I saw Günther in the list on one of the sessions an hope it was Steiner, much disappoint

11. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Last edited: 16 Mar 2020
  12. RedFlames

13. The_Crapman

All this extra time will be good for tracing point, allow them to make all the upgrades to convert their 2019 mercedes to the 2020 model :hehe:

14. RedFlames

Last edited: 19 Mar 2020
  15. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Least they get to use this year's developments but kinda bummed the 2021 regs are delayed. Considering the rules where being brought in to improve things and address some of the fundamental issues delaying them kinda flies in the face of that regardless of circumstance

16. RedFlames

Monaco confirming that, at least in their case - 'Postponed' == 'Cancelled'

17. fix-the-spade

But by the same token if they cannot build and test the cars they can't introduce the new rules. All of the teams are in full shutdown at the moment, at this rate the 2020 cars might be the 2021 cars too. I doubt Williams and Racing Point can afford to build cars they never drive.

Also, I've been reading that Mercedes, Red Bull and Mclaren are in talks to start making medical supplies, initially ventilators but probably more than that. Ferrari might be doing that too, the Agnellis are already buying Ventilators and ambulances with their own money to give to the government. It makes sense that the big teams could do that, build something, then immediately re-tool and build something else is kind of what they do anyway every few months. But if they are going to do that they can't be building 2021 spec cars as well.

18. RedFlames

19. RedFlames

20. RedFlames