1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 thread

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 13 Dec 2020.

1. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I went with
    Perez
    Norris
    Leclerc
    Russel
    Alonso

Team
    Reverse gear only

I lobbed Russel om for the dark horse side of things. Cars an unknown but he is a good driver so never know.

Last edited: 26 Mar 2021
  2. veato

veato I should be working

Private league anyone?

• League Name : Bit-Tech F1 2021
      League Number : 89
      League Password : FantasyF1

3. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

We’re in for a good year :)

4. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Indeed, should be an absolute blast now that having to race for wins is back on the menu:thumb:

5. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

So what have we learnt from qualifying?

Vettel either really sucks or has kill several black cats by bashing them with mirrors on cracked paving and his bad ju ju is the real reason Ferrari sucked last year?

Ferrari look to have largely recovered but still have a bit to go to get best of the rest

That Red Bull is very fast in the right hands ie.
    Verstappen is a beast in the Red Bull.

Alpine look to have fallen further back

Power Rankings to start the season?
    1. Red Bull
    2. Mercades
    3. Ferrari/McLaren/Alpha Tauri
    4. Alpine
    5. Alpha Romeo/Aston Martin
    6. Williams
    7. Schumacher
    8. Mazepin

I suspect Alonso wrung the neck of that car and could be closer to the Alpha Romeos

6. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

Alpha Tauri looks like very real and solid pace. Going to be very interesting to see what Tsunoda can do , has the potential to be mighty .. i thinks , all Japanese drivers seem to have that Banzai attitude towards racing. Very exciting to see a rookie come out the box like that . Mazepin who? Expected more from Perez .. had he not had his lap taken away he might have been alright. Vettal ..../facepalm .

My moneys on Max this year. The end. I think Lewis run is over , yeah the cars good and not a guy to underestimate but Verstappen is hungry! Stroll was semi decent .. i would like to see him dominate Vettel .

We'll see after the race tomorrow but im looking forwards to it , i thinks its going to be very good.

7. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Would have been good to see what Tsunoda could have done in Q3 had alpha not risked getting both through q2 on mediums, as he was right on gasly until then. Was a similar story for Perez too.

Should be a great season, as long as mazepin can stop spinning and ruining it for everyone else. So embarrassing. As embarrassing as being a 4 time world champion and being beaten by daddy's chequebook :hehe:

If you've not seen it, go watch the intro sequence for the channel 4 coverage. Very funny.

8. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

You've got to wonder who's idea it was to send Perez out for his one lap that he had to ace on medium tyres. 0.03 from Q3 when everyone else was on soft tyres, nice to see Red Bull intend to continue as they left off for car number 2.

Oh dear Mazepin, oh dear oh ear.

I still think Merc will win both titles. Max is too prone to... outbursts when things start going against him. Hamilton will plug along to second/third every time he can't win, Max will reduce his car to chunky kibble at least twice. Then there's the Honda engine, anything can happen in the next half hour (frantic bongo drumming).

Last edited: 27 Mar 2021
  9. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Perez looked solid through Q1 but that lap from Verstappen ended all questions which car was number 1 this season. I do wonder if Perez has the extra gear Verstappen does.

If Perez takes points of Verstappen and as you say, his attitude when things dont go his way, all Merc and Hamilton has to do is be consistent they could keep in touch throughout the season.

That Honda engine is back to the original size zero concept that Honda sought with McLaren. Although now using a sinilar design philosophy to Mercades. They identified areas to target in energy recovery while bringing forward other design elements to recover losses from going so small. Its starting to look like a beast of an engine as Alpha Tauri are showing too

10. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Yeah he got proper screwed by it, having to use a 2nd set of rubber for Q1 after the lap deletion is very likely the reason they had to gamble with his tires during Q2...

And tomorrow he'll get screwed by Mazepin.
    Perez starting 11th on whatever rubber he feels like should give him some opportunities but Mazepin will no doubt bin it, cause a SC (And give everyone else a free pitstop thus killing any chance Perez had to catch up).

11. fix-the-spade

Oh f##king hell. Red Bull can't even pretend they're trying can they?

"Is Sergio's car working properly?

Who knows, all this telemetry's for Max,

He's stopped on the formation lap,

That's nice..."

.... and Mazepin's binned it, didn't even manage a whole lap.

12. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

He lasted all of 3 corners, which admittedly 2 more than i thought he would make it

13. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

He’s doing better than I gave him credit, had him down as a banker to be out at the first corner :)

14. fix-the-spade

Jaws music intensifies.

Well it was a nice championship y'all.

15. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Only defence being Mick has been having problems too, car looks so twitchy in corners an it does not like changing direction.

16. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

17. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

That was intense.

18. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

The_Crapman likes this.
  19. fix-the-spade

Perez 5th from the pitlane. Red Bull might be in for the constructors yet, if they can bolt his car together properly from now on.

20. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

And a bit further back it looks like the limping horses might actually have a chance of challenging McLaren for best of the rest.