1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 thread

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 13 Dec 2020.

1. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Season away or do you think he will just walk away completely?

2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Last edited: 11 Jan 2021
  4. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

5. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

6. rollo

rollo Modder

Think he will be perm quit, too many other things he does on a regular basis now. Honestly its gone on way to long for it to be money as people are suggesting. My guess Lewis has asked for more freedom and merc are saying no. So he wants out.

7. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I was convinced Lewis would retire at the end of last season - especially after the Grosjean incident.

8. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

There is definetly something funky going on with the negotiations. Hamilton could land anywhere, he seems in a good place with nothing left to prove, no need to vhase anything

9. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

id like to see him land in a mid-pack team for a season tbh, if Lewis is the pure racer everyone claims him to be, he will be FAR happier in the mid pack racing wheel to wheel every race and having wheel to wheel action rather than just sailing away at the front every race

Proving himself meaning Proving he is the best driver on the Grid, not just the better of the two drivers in the most dominant car

10. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

This seems to be forgetting his early years in the MClaren. Especially the 2009 car, which was a pig but he still won 2 races in it. It's really not his or Merc's job to come down off the top of the hill they've climbed together. On that note I don't see any of the current mob knocking him off of it either, the same way Stoner just seemed to drop space and flatten Rossi in 2007 it will be someone unexpected that ends Hamilton's era of invincibility.

11. rollo

rollo Modder

2 races delayed already, Going to be another odd season

12. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

From what I read elsewhere, Lewis will be involved in the new "Extreme E" global electric rally championship as owner of team X44 (He will not be driving)

13. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I hope he doesn't go. I wouldn't mind him taking a sabbatical for a year and coming back for one last season in the new cars. With little changing in the regs and tight controls on what you can change, I don't see anything happening other than another season of mercedes dominance.

14. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

BBC did a bit on this https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/science-environment-55414712

Sometimes think he needs better people around him. It's such an easy target for naysayers to ask why create a new formula to promote sustainability? F1 has allegedly been net zero for ages so he could have done more to promote and build on that rather than support a load of r&d and man hours into a new thing. I just hope he's getting a good deal from the franchise as regards his presence raising its profile.

Same with his social justice work, as much as his experiences have shaped his worldview he seems to struggle to articulate it in interviews. Like you can see the passion he has for it but that seems to come out in a nervous way rather than with a clarity of purpose or next steps.

These things make me wonder if some of what was said earlier in this thread might ring true, his team perhaps supporting his extra-curricular work resulting in further demands on the table which merc aren't overly eager to entertain, or struggling to put into well defined contractual language that isn't simply aims and aspirations. I think if it was money they'd already have paid him.

15. RedFlames

16. RedFlames

17. RedFlames

18. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

How are Ferrari allowed / permitted to advertise a tobacco company and break EU law?

19. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

Some nonsense around mission winnow not being a tobacco company despite existing solely to promote tobacco products!

Expert level corporate jargon from their website:

Mission Winnow is a communications platform that stands for progress, transparency, facts over preconceptions, and the relentless search for improvement.

Mission Winnow shares with the world who we are today, our transformative journey, and our values. We are a company of over 70,000 people that has learned from the past and is fully committed to evolving our business and radically transforming our industry through scientific and technological innovation.

We are proud of our company’s journey, yet we understand the skepticism, and we welcome all sides to the conversation. And while it takes time to create bonds and build trust, Mission Winnow is a chance to start a conversation and create an opportunity to listen and be heard.

20. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I know who they am, I know what they're doing, most of the people who have seen it do too, I was just curious as to how they get away with it, Shirley even corporate F1 can see though the BS?

They need to either enforce the rules and law or let everyone run whatever advertising they want.