1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 thread

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 13 Dec 2020.

1. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Go to bbc.co.uk before the race.
    Click Sport, click Formula 1, click Coverage details to find the actual race start time.
    (Unlike Sky who do all they can to obscure it in order to scam you into watching the ad filled pre-race waffling).
    Then go to whatever "can't be mentioned because forum rules" website you use like 5 minutes before the race.
    And leave before the post-race waffle starts.

2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I like most of the pre race stuff, but usually skip pre recorded interviews as they're often sanitised heavily before release, unless it's someone fun like Jackie Stewart. Haven't been very lucky with streams the last season so have up trying. They had an annoying habit of screwing up at exactly the wrong moments, like the last lap of the Austrian grand Prix when lando went mental, happened for the first 3 races so just resigned to the highlights.

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

That one always makes me giggle after HMRC (I think it was last year?) specifically named Hamilton as being in the top 0.02% of highest individual tax payers in the UK.

5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Now, now, let's not muddy the waters by throwing facts around. :lol:

6. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

I guess the bill for RHI boilers and the 3 year holiday our politicians took needs to come from somewhere.
    Lets face it, i guarantee those complaining about Hamiltons taxes also complained about people buying peerages.

7. RedFlames

They're more the 'cash in hand, what the tax man doesn't know about won;t hurt' kind. And were more than happy to exploit the Channel Islands VAT loophople before it closed. ...or think that raiding Duty Free is the best bit of the holiday.

8. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

To be fair, pre-Schumacher early '90s Ferrari was not a top team, so while it was not Minardi, it would be equal to Hamilton going to current McLaren or Renault, getting a team together and making it into a championship team.

Ferrari in '90s before Schumacher joined:
    92, 93 - 4th in constructors.
    91, 94, 95 - 3rd in constructors.
    90 - 2nd in constructors.

9. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

Mercedes in the '10s before Hamilton joined:
    10, 11 - 4th in constructors
    12 - 5th in constructors

10. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I feel compelled to point out that Merc's constructors standing 2010-12 were 4th, 4th and 5th, then they came second in 13, Hamilton's first year. Meanwhile Ferrari in the 94-6 were 4th, 3rd, 3rd, then they came second in 96, Schumi's first year.

They're a really good parallel to each other, two hugely expensive, high prestige teams that weren't quite doing the business, then changes in drivers and senior staff usher in a change in fortunes. Of course Merc were already a ways into their plan when Lewis arrived, whereas Schumacher and the Benetton Boys had to do everything from scratch. They also got a leg up rom the hybrid engine rules torpedoing Renault and Newey, even though Renault pushed hardest for them (but they laso haven't had Ferrari International Assistance to back them up). It's still a very strong resemblance.

The way things are going I hope (repeat I HOPE) the 2022 rules combined with the budget cap bring Mclaren and Red Bull back up to Mercedes level, even if they do they're going to need some luck too to stop it being the Lewis'n'George show.

11. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Not even to mention that MSC was in one of the Merc seats for those 3 years.

Anyway, if I had to pick between Michael and Lewis for GOAT I'd pick Lewis any day of the week, while there ain't much between them in terms in championships and such the near total absence of unforced driving mistakes by Lewis is almost frightening... even Michael made way more mistakes.

12. javaman

It was Schumachers underhanded tactics that turned me against him. Crashing with Hill and villeneuve kinda loose him GOAT status for me

David likes this.
  13. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

14. RedFlames

15. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Just came here to post that... Oh dear.

16. RedFlames

Kinda glad i forgot to put this years calendar on the op.

17. javaman

Meh its Australia. Only a good race as we dont fully know the pecking order and teams are a little rusty. Disappointing the season starts later but not gonna cry over it

18. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

It's nice seeing the sunshine in Melbourne though!

19. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

It'll give the honey badger time to get used to his new surroundings before he pumps that home win in!

20. RedFlames