1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 thread

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 13 Dec 2020.

1. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I'm glad to hear this as apparently I'm supposed to be driving for alpine next year.

Well as long as they move the steering wheel so it doesn't rub on my beer belly.

MLyons likes this.
  2. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Rumours are that he will be driving for McLaren next year which poses the question, Has Monisha Kaltenborn taken over at McLaren?

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Typical Ferrari - they can't even win 'biggest clown show in F1'

4. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Is F1 heading for a massive sink hole?

I don't watch it anymore as I have already stated but the fans have become so toxic, every Facebook post that's put up ends up in a slanging match from one fan boy to the next, so much so that i feel like typing what i think but know it will be taken the wrong way and lead no where.

FIA should set the rules and no one else should be able to interfere.

If you don't like the rules then don't race.

I like and have supported Mercedes over the last few years, maybe only because I like to see records broken and because I genuinely think Lewis is the GOAT whether I like him or not (not really tbh), but getting the rules changed to suit your car is a bit crap but on the other hand I really don't think RBR are innocent in anyway shape or form, last years finally for instance and now the floor debate (Ferrari too). They wouldn't be jumping up and down about it if it didn't make such a difference.

Take the politics out of it all (i know this wont happen) or watch it flop.

5. RedFlames

6. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

What a clown show over at Alpine - wtf is going on!

7. javaman

It’s complicated. There definitely seems to be a toxic element creeping in and like everything on the internet it’s black and white with no nuance. You don’t agree and out comes the knives.

I reckon that the death of Whiting was a massive catalyst, certainly the beginning, for change in how the sport is refereed. Charlie had a way of managing and running a race that seemed to piss everyone off, was inconsistent yet somehow fair.
    That fine line of taking each offence in context vs ruling by the absolutely letter was played out in Silverstone vs A1Ring and track limits.

The porpoising issue for example needed dealt with. It was a case of teams putting performance ahead of safety or driver well-being. Rightly the FIA intervened, however the solution can be debated until the cows come home on fairness and who won from the change.

The problem brewing seems to be a repeat of FISA vs FOCA back in the 80’s. Teams are wanting one thing, FIA seems to be doing FIA things all over the future of the sport eg number of entries, engine rules, attracting manufacturers vs established teams etc etc etc.

You can point to Ecclestons removal as the beginning for a lot of change. Problems that had been identified solutions were proposed and a plan decided often by committee. You will always have losers and winners and tbh, the correct thing to do hasn’t been obvious and has resulted in calling the identity of F1 and it’s place in the world into question.

8. RedFlames

MLyons and javaman like this.
  9. RedFlames

10. javaman

So several news articles about each piece of the Silly Season saga and other bits coming out

Riccardo told he will be axed Multiple links seem to be reporting this, just grabbed the first I read it on
    Haas no longer negotiating with Schumacher about a 3rd season Looks like Haas have a seat open next year
    Riccardo Negotiating with 4 teams
    FIA confirm Piastri to McLaren contract valid

Seems Riccardo will get paid off to end his contract early and has started to look for a move. Gonna guess based on the above Haas is one of those teams and probably safe to Assume Alpine too. Would hazard a guess at Williams and have heard Zhou Guanyu name in the mix for a move so maybe Alpha Romeo.

Thinking more on that if Audi does take over they won't necessarily need a pay driver and will want proven talent to mount a challenge but purely speculation on my part.

Last edited: 5 Aug 2022
  11. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Sprogmacher getting the axe would be quite the shocker

javaman and MLyons like this.
  12. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

would break my heart

13. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I think we all knew DR's contract was dead the moment Zak Brown started sh!t-talking him in public. An F2 driver already linked to McLaren shutting down talk of a seat at Alpine only served to confirm DR's fate.

Clever move by Alpine in making the Piastri announcement, to open it all up and start silly season - it pretty much confirms DR is going there, IMO.

14. javaman

I really think it played out like a Ferrari strategy and they completely dropped the ball. Alpine are sitting top of the midfield and after the surprise of loosing Alonso their young driver has a seat only to be blind sided by Webber knowing rightly how F1 works.

Alpine announcing to the world about their new golden clothes only to have a kid point they're not wearing anything at all. If they hadn't of stood in public and embarrassed themselves McLaren would have terminated Riccardo and it just wouldn't have played out in the media and those whispers would have been largely ignored until things came out. Now everyone is looking around like a game of amount us speculating who is gonna get mugged off next.

Even at this point DR to Alpine isn't a done deal. It does seem he left Renault on good terms but it did seem a middle finger back then. I guess Alonso sets precedent, he walked over a one year deal and has been back to a team (McLaren) despite incinerating bridges. Anything is possible at this point. Wouldn't be surprised to see Schumacher there

15. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

AND....the F1 bull **** continues :)

javaman likes this.
  16. RedFlames

Some levity... unless you're a ferrari/leclerc fan...

yodasarmpit and stonedsurd like this.
  17. RedFlames

18. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

19. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Yes, it'd be a real shame if he spent his final years in prison...

20. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

He'll suddenly be at death's door again, much too sick to go to prison, just like he was 10 years ago, before his miraculous recovery