1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Distributed Bit-Tech Folding@Home Team (CLOSED: now superseded by joint CPC/bit-tech team)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Byron C, 2 Aug 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jetsetjimbo

jetsetjimbo Up-up and away

That's a shame.

@Cyber - Congratulations mate!

2. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

I will be moving 15 of my PC's (27.9GHz) to bit-tech when I get a chance. The other 39 will stay with sneakers for the moment.

If I could transfer my points to the bit team I would move straight away, its just annoying having to start over again with 0 points and work my way up the ranks.

edit: 15 machines will be folding for the bit-tech team come tomorrow morning.

Last edited: 8 Feb 2005
  3. jetsetjimbo

Glad to have you with us bud! I knew you'd eventually see the light. ;)

I wouldn't worry about your score, with 15 machines you'll shoot up the rankings in no time, I guess I can kiss my lead goodbye. :waah:

Maybe the top 100 could be insight within the next 6 months after all...

4. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Just a shame I cant bring my 169,288 points with me...

5. jetsetjimbo

You know you're right about that! Are you sure that there's no way to transfer them as I'm sure I've seen it mentioned on either the short media or 2cpu forums....

6. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Find me a way to transfer my points and bit-tech wil have a healthy points increase!

7. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

I reckon we would have trouble getting to the top 100 maybe just pass top 200, as when you get into the top 150-200 nearly every team is knocking out 80,000+ a week. We are knocking the 50,000 mark at the moment.

8. jetsetjimbo

I guess so but a couple of months ago we only had 30 active cpus and now it's up around 160! With Atomic onboard we're another step closer.

I'm just hoiping that the new member keep coming. Seeing how Bit is on of the UKs premier modding \ hardcore computing sites we should be able to establish a presence as a top (ish) team. :fingers crossed:

9. CyberSol

CyberSol 1337 Pants

It's kinda exciting, when I joined the team in mid december things were kinda just going along at a normal pace. Now it's just going up and up!!!

Lets not forget that it isn't just about points, but for a good cause too. :thumb:

10. DonCorleone76

DonCorleone76 Modmaster deluxe

Yeah,finished first WU!!!

I'm happy to tell you all that i've finished my first F@H WU,and half way through the second, I'll ask around and get my friends to come and help BT also. BTW, BT is not only the best modding site in Britain, but also the best modding site in Holland. So keep up the good work and we will do our upmost best for you....... :clap: :thumb:

Don C.

11. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

hi guys i have downloaded the client but what is this folding business?? and is it gonna wreck my comp? i have a Amd 64 athlon 3200+...does it go on licks and keys like whatpulse? please tell me as i do not get this :wallbash: , Ice

12. jetsetjimbo

Urmmm.... It's not going to wrek your computer dude.

'does it go on licks and keys like whatpulse?' :confused:

13. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

lol clicks and keys like whatpulse its like where it counts them basically and creates a place for you on the rankings...is there 1 page in this 20 page thread that explains everythin?, Ice

14. DaKind420

DaKind420 What's a Dremel?

Woo hoo! Welcome Aboard to the new members. Glad you didn't take my post the wrong way Atomic. Guess I'll have to get off my lazy a** and get my two broken machines up again... I've been slipping in my daily points production :waah:

Ice: Check out this site for stats : Extreme OC Stats

Unfortunately we don't have a Noob Foldering thread, maybe we should start one up. If we want to grow we'll need one or people will get discouraged...

15. CyberSol

CyberSol 1337 Pants

16. Zidane

Zidane What's a Dremel?

do i need to shower?

wow, i come to check how the team is getting on whilst im away and it looks like you guys borg'd half the boards, lol

good to see so many new members, and the old members still active. unfortunately im still offline whilst i move to derby, and i only have my two backup machines folding (i borg'd my parents and brothers machine, so they fold 24/7) i seem to have dropped into 5th place too, i *so* need to get moved and get back online and start crunching again!

well dione guys, good to see we kept the momentum going, and hopefully we can carry on up the charts.

ttfn, off i go again to find some more houses to look at and find out i cant afford them :)

17. c.cam108

c.cam108 Minimodder

Yes! We've just re-passed boards.ie, who overtook us a while ago. Looks like we could be top 300 in under a week I reackon!

_C

18. D4VID

D4VID What's a Dremel?

things have been busy round here for the last few days! Its good to see the team continuing to gain momentum.

Just to update you on that File_IO_error I was getting, since I removed -forceasm the error hasn't occurred. I've paused and resumed the last couple of WUs numerous times and not had the problem, so I guess it is either fixed or I just had a dodgy couple of WUs.

I am still using the -advmethods flag however. As far as I can tell, without -forceasm I seem to be acheiving identical times for similar WUs as before, it doesn't appear to give much of a speed increase, if any.

19. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Aye, I reckon a week to get into top 300 and into top 200 by the beginning of April.

Maybe a year or so to get into top 100 :)

Might not seem like a huge thing to some people, but it would be good if, on bit's front page it'd read, "Crikey, a week (or so) later and look what happens, top 300 w00t! etc"

Got 10 Celeron-D's running most of the time during the day now, average speed of around 2.93ghz.

Last edited: 10 Feb 2005
  20. spacehopper

spacehopper What's a Dremel?

woohoo! 10,000 points! :clap:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.