1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Distributed Bit-Tech Folding@Home Team (CLOSED: now superseded by joint CPC/bit-tech team)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Byron C, 2 Aug 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D4VID

D4VID What's a Dremel?

just joined the team :thumb:
    My A64 3500+ will be running F@H for about 12 hours/day, most days.

Its started off with a great big 400 frame W/U, so I should show up on the team page in a few days.

Joined the forum especially to tell you about it too! :D

2. Zidane

Zidane What's a Dremel?

great stuff d4vid. but i suspect that meaty a64-3500 is gonna make mincemeat out of a frame ;)

good to see another member, happy folding :)

3. D4VID

D4VID What's a Dremel?

I have designed a Bit-tech.net team skin for Electron Microscope III if anyone is interested, thought it might encourage a few more people to join the F@H team.

hope you like it! :D

Download it here

4. Zidane

Zidane What's a Dremel?

dude.... i like it, i like it a lot :) nothing wrong with having a little pride in your team, and showing it off when it looks so good :)

5. D4VID

D4VID What's a Dremel?

I've been in touch with Larry, who wrote EMIII. He spotted a little problem with the skin (the scroll bar was hidden :duh: ) which is now fixed, so if you downloaded it already, its probably a good idea to download it again to get the fixed version. :thumb:

Anyway, Larry says he'll probably post it on the EM download page tomorrow and mention it on his front page news :)

Last edited: 21 Nov 2004
  6. Reflex

Reflex What's a Dremel?

Just joined the team and just on the way to finishing 2 WU's for you all :D

PS: inuendo is the alias on folding

7. Zidane

Zidane What's a Dremel?

good stuff d4v1d, i must admit, i didnt even know about emIII until you posted it here, but now i have it, it makes checking my folding much much easier, and in a shiny bit-tech skin too :)

reflex : good stuuf dude :thumb: another folder on the team. it wont be long before your climbing the ranks now and fighting for 5th and 4th place with me and double_c (your allready 27th out of 50.... i think your folding on a cray... lol)

happy folding peeps :)

8. squeck

squeck Lurker

Well i thought it was about time i did something useful now i've just got my new pc. so my new shiny 3.6Ghz P4 should be on about 18 hours a day :hip:

9. Zidane

Zidane What's a Dremel?

squecko: :thumb: coolies, that should chew through some serious work units :) with all these new folders, we should be rising up the team league too :)

*blinks*

damnit! i just realised. with all these new folders and their 3ghs+ processors, your gonne be knocking me off the no 4 spot!

i need to upgrade!

:hehe:

10. jetsetjimbo

jetsetjimbo Up-up and away

Welcome to all the new folders! :)

Zidane has being doing an admirable job of 'Bit-tech' Folding @ Home Welcomer' ;)

The more the merrier, it's about time the team moved up the rankings. When I went on my last recruitment drive we only had 27 active processors or so any now we have over 40! I think we've risen about 30 or so places in the rankings as well.

I just cant believe that the Custom PC mag team is in the top 50, we need to gain about 500 places before we're in contention.

Keep it going lads, I'm hoping to get another 2 cpus on the case in the next few weeks...

11. Zidane

Zidane What's a Dremel?

jetsetjimbo..... only 500 places? hehe, just wait. we will get them sooner or later.

hehe, weve moved up 30, then next 30 should be well behind us in a few weeks ;)

12. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

Just joined team Bit-Tech.
    Might as well use this PC for somthing good while im sleeping

13. jetsetjimbo

Nice one ;)

What system are you running?

14. Zidane

Zidane What's a Dremel?

coolies Lagmonkey.... nice nick too ;)

whats your nick on the folding?

just as a thought too, if any of the bit-tech folders dont have G-Mail yet, and want an invite, gimme a shout, i still have a stack (7 left i think). i was gonna see if i could do a "fold X units and get an invite", but work got in the way and the scramble for invites is over now, so for now, they are there if anyone on the bit-tech folding team wants one :) (and yes, i *will* check the results table.... if your names on there *and you have at least one active processor*, you can have one :) )

15. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

Im not running anything "spectacular" but its on all the time so i thought i would put it to good use.
    System -
    AMD Athlon +1700 OCed to 1833MHZ
    Dual channel DDR333 memory (512Meg)
    Asus A7N-8X
    GeForce 4 MX 440 :waah: 64meg DDR
    Fujitsu laptop 20gig HDD as C:
    seagate Baracuda 40gig as D:

Note: i had problems with the system overall a few weeks ago (wasnt sure if it was the mobo or the HDD) so i made a backup and now i believe it was a problem with the IDE cables.

As i said its not the fastest system in the world but i wanted to help out

Edit: nickname is "LAGMoneky" or at least thats what it SHOULD be
    Edit#2: just checked on the web site and apparently im liked to "team Uber ninjas" however in the control pannel on my PC it says my nickname is "LAGMonkey" and team number is "33346"

Last edited: 2 Dec 2004
  16. jetsetjimbo

That can't be you as the date of the last work unit for that user is 29/04/03.

You won't actually appear on the team table until your first work unit is returned.

17. Giggz

Giggz Minimodder

ive just started folding

18. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

aaaah I see now. It all makes sence. :wallbash:
    Well i should have my first WU done by the weekend so well see what happens there.

W00t im not the only New member to the team. Rock on Giggz :rock:

19. jetsetjimbo

That's the way ;) Tell your friends, we'll get the bit-tech team up the tables yet :hehe:

20. squeck

squeck Lurker

well now my i've got my new pc, i'm using my old one as a server so its on all the time. Nothing spectacular this time - its an Athlon 1400, but its folding 24/7

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.