1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bit-tech has lost its spirit

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by RotoSequence, 19 Mar 2006.

1. DreamTheEndless

DreamTheEndless Gravity hates Bacon

So - what are the next steps to getting a wiki accessible by sysops / bureaucrats? We could make some templates, set up some categories, get some content up - not make it available to the public, but get some of the setup done.

2. Shpoon

Shpoon What's a Dremel?

Well, I'm glad that I skipped to the last page, my heart was breaking reading the posts on the first pages about the community crashing...it's nice to see that something innovative will be done by the more experianced members.

Myself, I frequent many forums, and this same thing always happens, but i think you guys have hit the nail on the head in this case as to how to solve this problem.

Hats off to all those that help with this project (many articles are premade already though, if you just compile them all together in one nice package, that would be great too), and as much as I'm willing to contribute, my knowledge couldn't fill a teaspoon ;)

That's why I mainly just sit and read...

GL for those involved.

3. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

<soapbox>
    You know, if every one would quit bitching and complaining and started making useful posts and *gasp* new mods, everything would be just fine. You're not helping anything out at all by bitching and moaning, you're just making it worse as all these ideas will fade away and then people will start bitching all over again.
    </soapbox>

4. f U z ! o N

f U z ! o N What's a Dremel?

yeah but these new ideas are worth a shot! if we don't try new stuff we won't move forward. why be static when we can be dynamic?

5. TJK

TJK What's a Dremel?

well the modding or project logs sections - I always almost felt inferior, that people didnt care to see my stuff that much - i do believe I will start posting more project logs.

6. dutchcedar

dutchcedar What's a Dremel?

So when is the worklog forum going to be changed? Are the wheels turning slowly for a reason?

7. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Hehehe...yes, it's quite a bit of work to do is the reason. It's a much harder thing to change BACK and merge threads than it was to cap the old 'archive' and just make two new subforums. Rich IS superman, but he can't quite do all that in an hour's work. :)

Patience, grasshopper, patience. :thumb:

8. DreamTheEndless

Got all that - but when do I get a wiki? (you give me access to a box and I can do a fair amount of the config remotely.)

(Sorry if I seem impatient - It's just that this is something that I've been wanting to set up for about a year now. When I found out that Bit- was setting up something similar I got very excited.)

9. Tim S

Tim S OG

We also want to get everything changed together, as such, rather than letting the changes trickle in. ;)

10. Sam0r

Sam0r It's been a while

11. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Allow me to begin de-trollification ;)

12. Sam0r

Sam0r It's been a while

Go for it.

13. DreamTheEndless

Added a little bit of content -

14. RadioJunkie

RadioJunkie What's a Dremel?

Things do change, but the community spirit must be improved.

15. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

With only 5 posts, you are hardly in any position to comment on the community's spirit.

Last edited: 28 Feb 2007
  16. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Now now, where's your community spirit :D

17. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

I've got plenty of community spirit! Just a bit xenophobic/annoyed about this one particular matter.

It's like trying somebody's toast and then criticizing how they cook their steaks!

18. Gooey_GUI

Gooey_GUI Wanted: Red Shirts

My problem with bit-tech started about a year and half ago. I was minding my own business when somebody posted something about a game called Travian. I got sucked into that night and day and hardly visited here the entire time. It wasn't until I quit that my life went back to normal.

Since that time, I have posted (for better or worse) as much as possible. Hopefully, without appearing to saturate the forum discussions with new topics.

I think every member could try to do a little something to be involved. Yet, I know how a distraction can wipe out the time normally devoted to such things. Life can get in the way of your online community.

As Admiral Horatio Nelson said, "England expects everyman to do his duty!" Even though I'm an american, I'll still pitch in when I can.

Wait... I can see it now. The Trafalgar Mod!

:clap:
    `
    `

19. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

We've got some changes lined up for the forums in the near future so stay tuned. ;)

20. Tim S

Tim S OG

You've hit the nail on the head - the forums are only as busy as the regulars make them. We're keen to help, but there's only so much we can do if the regulars don't contribute.

As Richard has hinted, there are going to be some changes made to the way the forums are laid out in the very near future. We're hoping that this is going to improve the user experience quite dramatically - I guess you could call it simplification, but without removing the functionality for those that need/want it. :)