1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress [Bit-Tech/Intel NUC Competition] Intranuc - Complete --- Final pictures

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Waynio, 4 Aug 2013.

1. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Thanks Maki, :) completed it now. :rock:

2. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Complete, powered up to make sure it works & phew it works, just need to add thermal compound for a better connection to the heat sink. :)

I'll get an outdoor & studio shoot done ASAP, this will have to do until then. :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. craig - toyoracer

craig - toyoracer Minimodder

The finish turned out really nice. Look forward to those final pic's. :thumb:

4. Boorach

Boorach Minimodder

Congratulations on finishing such a fantastic wee build. The design has a strong gothic feel (in the proper architectural way not the kids with black make-up way) which belies its small stature. You should be very proud of it.

5. Asouter

Asouter --------

First one finished :clap:

Looking good man :thumb:

6. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

@Asouter - First one to post completed pics.;)

That looks lovely, dude. :D The power button isn't as subliminal anymore either. As for temps, it might not be thermal paste. These units do run pretty hot. -Silent, but hot.

7. jokkos

jokkos too busy to mod *sigh*

End result looks great!

Well done! :clap:

8. Meelobee

Meelobee What's a Dremel?

Very cool :)

That battery wire could use a bit of sleeving though

9. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

superb work. looks really really smart.

10. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Thanks Craig, got a couple but I'll do the real final shots tomorrow evening, trying to complete Midlag so I can do the final shots of that the same time. :D

:hehe: Thanks Boorach, it's weird, I never get the proud thing but do definitely get a relieved feeling when I complete a project. :D

Cheaps was sat complete all along other than an IO panel I think, he did really well on stretching the updates out. :lol:
    Thanks Asouter. :)

Thanks Cheaps, just give the case a little squeeze & it turns on. :D
    Yeah looked it up, should get slightly better temps though with thermal compound, I guess at least 5c difference, I really should have took stock temperatures to see the differences between the coolers. :D

Thanks jokkos. :)

Thanks Meelobee, I passed on the sleeving for this.

Thakns mate. :)

A few more shots in natural light, I'll do quality final shots tomorrow, hoping to manage completing Midlag so I can do final shots of that at same time.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trying to complete Midlag so I can do 2 photo-shoots at once, just a little tweaking & final assembly needed on Midlag but if I don't have it completed by Wednesday I'll do the photo-shoot for this.

11. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

Nice piece of work there, mate.

12. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Waynio, you have to forgive me.. I just noticed this project now. Don't have time to play around on our forum any more:(

This is freaking fantastic man! Sweet little build. LOVE IT:thumb:

13. Mosquito

Mosquito Just 'Plane' Crazy

That is awesome. The finish turned out fantastic. Excellent work.

14. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Thanks Pranja. :)

Your here now so woo hoo, :D thanks phinix appreciated mate.
    These small builds I could get addicted to making them, they aren't an epic grind fest but are still a nice challenge & finally gives purpose to having a good varied scrap pile. :D

Thanks Mos, not meant to be a gloss finish but those sharp bevel seams needed a thicker than ideal coat of lacquer, I like the bevel seams but it makes finishing tricky, practically nothing for it to cling to, screws should have washers between panel & screw too with the lacquer being thicker, I overtightened a couple & it broke a few bits of lacquer off but with it being so small you need to put it right up to your face to really see them, normal usage the flaws aren't visible, in fact it's so small you need to get close to it to see any detail. :lol:

Final pictures on next post.

15. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Got the photo session done & picked a few out to show so I'll let the pictures speak for themselves, enjoy & it's been a pleasure doing this project for the competition putting my scraps to use, didn't think I'd stand a chance in being picked so didn't think I'd have to make it. :hehe:

Thanks again to everyone involved, on with the pictures. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With 1 3rd of Lean & Green, silly challenge of a project but I might complete it some day.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

120mm fan.
    [​IMG]

Got no cans of coke & a tea bag just wouldn't be right & I only thought of the NUC in the palm after I packed the photography bits away & sat down to sort through the 100 pictures. :lol:

16. quizz_kid

quizz_kid Squid

Waynio, this little guy came out really beautiful! Great refernece pictures also. Can't wait til you gain enough motivation to finish Lean&Green.

17. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Reference pictures?:worried: Crap! forgot sumthin!:lol:
    120mm fan is perfect. It's particularly tough to get photos without motes of dust showing, but she looks great.:D

18. Asouter

Asouter --------

That 120mm fan shot really shows how small the build is, It sooo good to see Lean and Green again, I really hope you pick up this project again.

For me one of the best things about these competitions is that you get to use those bits of scrap that get put away for another day but rarely see the light of day again.

Great project man :)

19. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

Nice job Wayne! Looks great. I use a CD as a backup size reference when I don't have a Coke can or if a site won't re-print a branded item. The fan is OK but it could be a 140mm without being told.

Anyway..awesome results! :thumb::thumb:

20. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

Simply fantastic little piece of work there. It looks really slick. You continue to get better and better.