1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bit-tech League of Legends thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Djayness, 19 Jan 2011.

1. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

Woah woah woah, People state that AP Sion is incorrect? AP Sion is the only play to play him competitively.

AP WW is pretty trolly but can be fun.

2. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

A tanky AD sion is a pain but an AP sion is worse. If he gets a few early kills and some early AP and some HP, his stun hits squishies like a truck, and his shield is pretty strong so unless you focus him to get it down, its gonna hurt when it goes boom. I find it very frustrating to play against a fed sion.

3. TheKrumpet

TheKrumpet Once more, into the breach!

AD Sion is insane simply because of the lifesteal on his ultimate, and how ridiculous his tank/damage ratio is late game.

AP WW is pointless. The amount of AP you need to do more damage on your Q vs. the flat health amount makes it hugely pointless, because until that point you're useless, and after that point you're a one trick pony that contributes absolutely nothing.

4. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Trist should be built AP.

5. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I've never seen a decent AP Sion. Ever. Sure, he hurts early game since he scales so well, and he snowballs really well, but come late game, he doesn't do a lot imo. His damage output isn't great, and his ult is good, but he lacks any damage source to lifesteal really well.

AD sion, is the opposite, terrible at the start and has a hard time farming. Let him farm however, and his damage output becomes pretty high. Throw in his ult, and he'll out lifesteal the damage from at least 3 people. :p

6. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Really? Wouldn't that make her attack speed steroid less useful?

7. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

You just lost at 'The Internet'. See rule #14.

8. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

If you've never seen a good AP Sion before then you need to play more Ranked to be honest.

KoK Tidus, now known as M Tidus of Millenium used to terrorise everyone with his AP Sion and is also the reason AP Sion with Boots of Mobility became popular as he showed how it could dominate.

9. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Tried out cog for a game or 2, not a fan. He has no escapes and until mid and late game he is kind of meh. I prefer vayne who atleast has an escape and can chase / escape better.

Looking forward to playing tonight, my friend bought the new champ to try him out. I never watched the patch preview so don't know what to expect.

10. DMU_Matt

DMU_Matt mmmm cheesy

Just started playing this game the other day (as my house mate was going on about it) and I am actually quite liking it :)

Add me if you like (always nice to game with people you know).

IGN: Jesus is AFK

11. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

AP Sion hurts, no doubt about that, but hes a one trick pony. Sheild, stun, blow up sheild, then he can do nothing after that until his cooldowns wear off.

AD Sion > AP Sion. Put a tanky character against AP sion and sion is fecked, put a tanky character against AD sion, and he will rock their face.

12. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

The same can be said with most characters though.

I mean it's the same as saying that Annie has no place in a team because all she does is Tibbers > Q > W and then wait for cooldowns.

The whole issue with casters are that they're reliant on cooldowns and although there have been a recent spat of Casters benefiting from auto attacks (Fizz, Orianna, Lux), it's not really a standard thing.

AP Sion should be played like most burst champions in that he goes in, kills squishies, gets out and then helps take down the tankier members with help from others. Also, doesn't AP Sion build Lich Bane? At which point his combo goes something like Shield Up, (Auto attack), Stun, Auto attack, Blow Up Shield, Auto attack.

Also, put almost any squishy character (be it Assassin, Carry or Caster) against a Tanky DPS and generally they'll be at a disadvantage unless properly fed.

13. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

My arguement was more to state the fact that AD sion was better than AP Sion. Dont get me wrong, there is situations where a nice bit of AP burst from Sion is nice.

But sion can and should be played AD, unlike annie..where you would only play AP.

There are better casters out there than Sion is the general thought i think.

14. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

I disagree TBH and sit with Ab on this one... i've seen quite a few AP Sions and AD Sions and personally the former have made more of an impact on the game than the latters IMO.

I think that Sion's unique in that he can farm and stack AP without having to sacrifice the downside of being squishy. He's like a Tanky Burst caster which is relatively unique and is balanced with the fact he's more CD dependent.

As for the "better casters" comment, i'd say there are better melee DPS/tanky DPS out there (as is the case with most champions). In fact, i would say there are probably more melee DPS i'd have over DPS Sion than there are AP Chars i'd have over AP Sion.

15. loftie

loftie Multimodder

In terms of damage, AP sion does hurt. I still don't think him essentially lacking 2 spells make up for his good scaling on his shield and stun. That's my issue with him as an AP champ. Sure he's beefy, but wouldn't you want a caster that can use 4 spells.

Having said that, I suppose you could argue that with his high health, he could hang around longer than most casters, allowing him another 2 burst combo. But meh. Also, I'm not sure if lich bane procs on the shield explode press.....

16. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

My judgement may be clouded as i have seen more AD sions eat face then i have AP sions.

17. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

Seth took the words out of my mouth. Without CDR all casters are at a loss, not just Sion. Sion is different in the fact that yes, he only really has 2 spells but his Shield gives him that crazy survivability and/or damage.

His early game ganking is very very strong too. In Solo Queue he can be devastating.

18. Chris1554

Chris1554 What's a Dremel?

Just had a terrible game. I was getting fed as twitch (Bottom lane) 10mins in 4 kills and all because Lux didn't say SS for mid we had 2 rage quitters.. We then proceeded to get team fight raped. Irelia afk'ed shortly after so it was 2 of us left and we were forced to surrender at 20.

19. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

I've just had around 3 crap games in a row.

What's worse is that 2 of them were with Udyr (who i'm fairly confident with and is my "go to" champion).

Our team didn't bother setting up around Golem the first game, so a 5 man invasion stole my Blue and cost our team first blood (not me, i managed to ghost over a steal their blue). Then our bot lane Carry decides that last hitting is for pansies and all out pushes the lane only to get ganked about 5 times. Lastly, a combo of Volibear and Alistar meant accessing their squishies in teamfights was amazingly difficult. All in all we got outplayed, but you do wonder what would happen if your team would actually coordinate -.-'.

Second game again my team didn't bother protecting my Golem, despite my numerous pings and the fact that we saw them actually ward it. I didn't lose it this time, but they did steal one of its minions, meaning i didn't get Level 2 until the wolf camp and it ruined my whole plan to go gank straight after.

I think i need a break from League for now.

20. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Lol