1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bit-tech League of Legends thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Djayness, 19 Jan 2011.

1. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Azubu did pretty well previously. Especially vs TSM, but then again, TSM had almost no late game coordination.

TPA just capitalized extremely well. It's actually imptessive. That said. I just started playing Kassadin.

Holy crap, as an assassin he is probably one of my favorite champs thus far. After level 6 the guy is just a nuisance and deadly to boot.

2. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

So after a few weeks where I simply didn't have the time to play, I played a few games yesterday. Started out with one friend, and then suddenly realised that 3 more (whom i hadn't added yet, but RL friends) were also playing. So we played 5-man premades and got WTFPWNED both times.

Then we played some more 2-man.

There were some STRANGE lanes against me yesterday:
    Sona+Soraka -> virtually unkillable. They CONSTANTLY heal, and the only way to kill them is to really hit one with everything you have while the other is too far away. Then go after the other.
    Then K'ha-zix (spelling?) + Rengar -> OP Shrub action. You can't get close to the shrubbery anywhere near the lane, because they WILL eat you. Even under your turret with your teammate trying to help, there was nothing to be done. They zoned us like.bitches.

3. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Never really understood Kassadin and why he's apparently a valued pick.

Laning phase is terrible and whilst he has burst, if he wants to Rift Walk onto someone to burst them he just gets focused down and killed (esp. if you can CC him, but otherwise he's still squishy).

He's a menace if he gets fed, but on equal footing i find him rather lacklustre.

4. Elton

Kha + Rengar in shrub is dangerous as hell. But they require food. Still dangerous though.

As for Kassadin, he's actually not that great. Sure he's fun as hell to play because of that riftwalk but he's valued if you ask me, mainly because not many people play him well. He's just a hilarious character to play owing to flash in flash out kind of style and his burst is dangerous. Then again, it depends on the build (RoA Cheesecake!)

His lack of disables does suck, but silence and slow plus a rather mean W that takes mana and can wreck stuff up if coupled with Sheen/Lich Bane on auto attack helps him out too. But I'll be honest, the main draw is the fact that not many people (as far as I've seen) even play Kassadin anyways. What does that mean? It's easy to mess with people as an anti-mage assassin. His playstyle is still relatively predictable but I mean the sheer fact that not many people have played him (that I've seen) make him somewhat valuable.

On a 1V1 though, he does suck. Especially in comparison to say Rengar or Kha who are just monsters. Or Tryndamere.

I guess Kassadin's rather build dependent and feed dependent as he can't farm. But then again, we have Jax who's a monster post 6 as well and TF who gets hilarious ganking potential after level 6. I can see what you mean about being lacklustre though. He's not really amazing outside of hitting hard and quick and leaving but Kass is still a fun character to play I guess.

5. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Rengar's currently completely broken (may be an over-statement), but a good Rengar will sit in top brush and constantly leap harass you until he builds his 4 Ferocity, then one shots you with his Q-> Empowered Q combo.

I could trade out at the start, but the extra burst he gets from the combo was just ridiculous >.>

I couldn't get the hang of him either... his Ult seems to be there for the "cool" effect but doesn't serve a distinct purpose. Do you Ult before a teamfight to find the location of enemies (and stealth gank them)? Do you Ult during a teamfight to disappear and reappear where you want? Do you Ult after a teamfight to chase down and hunt enemies who may have evaded you?

As for Kha'Zix... i love him, i don't think i've actually had more fun with a Champ recently. A friend noted how 3 of us play Kha'Zix and all three play him completely differently. I like to play him in the jungle where he's fairly average, same with his ganks, but as long as you don't fall behind he's a complete menace in teamfights. Initiate with a jump into a Q for fairly nice burst damage then instantly cloak up with your Ult and repeat. I generally like Assassins and Akali's the only one who really feels similar, just that you're not limited to being just inside your pool for stealth. Sure, you can't stealth for very long (it's 1s iirc), but it's enough to make opponents lose you in between attacks.

6. Elton

I haven't tried Kha right now, and I forgot they actually patched rengar. But I've seen some very interesting variations of Kha. I don't know, i haven't played that much league so I'm not nearly as good as most people. I mean I can still carry my team with a good Kassadin, but that's mainly because not many people deal with a mid-anti-caster.

I will say that the most fun I've played is Malphite, TF and Kassadin. TF only when i'm good, which is rarely, but pulling off a good kill with TF is massively satisfying.

7. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

So, a new Twisted Treeline makes 3v3 look more like Dominion the way I see it.

Also, does anyone else have the feeling that Elise is gonna be broken.as.hell? It's just a feeling I have after looking at the spotlight, but:
    Blink ability, built in escape, a slow/stun, AoE attacks... 0_o

8. Edwards

Edwards Active Member

New champion going to be OP? No way! That doesn't ever happen. Riot totally balances champions and doesn't nerf (Read: set them to how they were originally designed) them three weeks in after everyone who's going to blow RP on them has done :eyebrow:

9. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

LOL
    I don't mean a bit OP (like Diana was)... I mean like OMFG totally brokes the games OP

10. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

It's not like GD and the LoL community in general has a knee-jerk reaction and instantly cries OP/UP the moment someone new is released which causes Riot to "balance" them 3 weeks later which causes them either to become secretly OP after buffing, yet not yet discovered or fade away into obscurity.

For all their outcry, the last "OP" Champions were Diana, Zyra and Darius.

The former two now are barely even touched, despite only having slight nerfs. The latter is the only one i'd class as "OP" on release and that's simply because he wasn't functioning as intended (Ult refresh on Assists), other than that he took a tiny nerf to his Q and that's all they've done to him.

---

As for Elise, i don't think she's that strong, annoying as hell since she's versatile but remember that she has no Ult (in the traditional sense) so that's what it makes up for. Sure she has a stun, but it's a skill shot which means late game it's effectively worthless for an AP Carry since there's usually a Bruiser/Tank line.

Also her Rappel isn't a targeted area ability, so she can only cast it "on" something, so it's not a true blink. if you're fighting in a lane then she'll pretty much have nowhere to run if you burst her down.

11. Elton

Zyra actually is still obscenely powerful. Darius has the laughable potential to starve his own team more than anything else. That said, I don't think Elise will be that powerful, late game tank bruisers will murder her given that they can absorb most of the damage.

That said, I recently started playing Mundo. Let me just say, early game Mundo is probably the most irritating thing. And he has some pretty decent synergy with Zyra.

12. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Having not played a singe game with an Elise in it, I cannot realyl comment.
    Looking at the Showcase, she seemed a bit broken as she's too good at too many things, btu you raise a valid point in terms of "no Ult".

I actually onyl saw her when I specated (bits of - lvl5 to about lvl11) a game with you guys (Seth, Xahl). She seemd to hurt a lot, but not be unstoppable...

13. Elton

In comparison to Rengar or Kha'Zix Elise is hardly that OP.

14. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Kha'Zix is in a good place right now, i think his damage is a little on the strong side but that's to make up for the fact that Melee Assassins are in a fairly weak state at the moment.

Rengar was actually regarded as UP on release which resulted in some buffs and quality of life changes to him. People then learned how to play him properly which resulted in his god-like transformation to the most ridiculous thing ever created.

Elise at the moment is of a similar vain in being "undiscovered" i think, although she's lacking what makes Kha'Zix so strong in a disengage/stealth, just something to make people forget about you. Her Rappel is good, but most the times it's just a "let's wait so she can come down to die". People still don't seem to realise that even though she's like Nidalee, her Spider form is not a duelling form... it's an "executioner" form. It's for securing a kill and then getting the hell out of there. Too many times have i see Elise's turn around to try 1v1 in Spider form when they should have been in Mage form kiting and poking before finishing it off in Spider.

Anyways, current opinion seems to be that she's a bit subpar in Mid compared to traditional AP Carries (since her stun and rappel do no damage, and as such is missing a bit). However pro's seem to recommend a Tanky AP Bruiser Top Lane where she can poke and harass at range before going in and trading blows for a kill.

I'm just waiting for next week when i can try her out myself.... I've been playing a lot of Darius lately just for funs. We have a Team of Ranked 5s playing fairly regularly and i'm in the AP Carry role for that so some Top Lane fun is always welcome. I still don't think i'm as strong with him as i am with Irelia, but he's certainly more fun and easier to play ^^.

15. Elton

I can see what you mean. I haven't had a chance to try out Elise and I'm still a normal game player (being at a lower rank).

That said, I don't know about you, but properly fed Kassadin does massive damage. The 600+ damage if you build RoA, Rab's and Zhonya's on his Q and then his burst and repeated riftwalks + autoattacks is monstrous.

Throw in a Guinsoo's if you want some fun. That said, it really depends as Kass isn't nearly as effective until he gains his free teleport.

16. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

I don't disagree with his damage output when fed, i actually got wrecked by a fed Kassadin last week who was simply untouchable.

However my main issue with him is his terrible laning phase which is fairly easy to shut down. His "full" damage combo involves him teleporting on top of you, which is not where a mage wants to be unless they have an escape plan (and his will be on cooldown immediately after doing so).

Pre-6 he's also incredibly vulnerable to ganks due to his need to farm in melee range and if you deny him blue buff he can starve himself of mana rather easily.

17. Elton

I never really get starved with mana. His passive W helps with that. The key to riftwalking for me it seems is to riftwalk a bit before the enemy, q then e them. His cooldown's a bit crap so actually getting frozen heart isn't too bad of an idea. Still due to his rather close up nature, he is vulnerable. I can't disagree, laning with Kassidin is rather piss weak and annoying. But with that said, he's still a fantastic and wreckingball mid if you can lane decently and then just farm.

You don't even need blue buff all the time, just manage mana more carefully.

18. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Guys ...

I have been away from home for two months and I haven't played since. I still have almost two months to go before I can play again.

The withdrawal is killing me

19. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

They've pretty much made Athenes the go to item for any spell caster and the mana regen on that item alone is actually higher than blue buff if the numbers I've experienced with the buff are correct.

20. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Athene's/Chalice's Mana Regen is actually less impactful that most people think. It requires you to already have a fairly high mana regen (or mana pool) already in order to be most effective.

I'm still contemplating whether or not i actually like it and on whom/when i should buy it with. More often that not i prefer to pay the extra 75g to buy a Rod of Ages instead and get a HP/Mana boost.