1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bit-tech League of Legends thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Djayness, 19 Jan 2011.

1. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

I don't know if you faced some bruisers lately but they need to fix the black cleaver o_O It's by far the most OP **** I saw.

2. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Tis getting nerfed next patch.

3. loftie

loftie Multimodder

New Malady on teemo. :D

4. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I had some REALLY fun games this weekend (during the early morning hours - international lines are FRIED in NAM right now, so during the day the latency - which is normally around 230 - is all over the place, disconnecting at times, etc. ).

A bunch more as Teemo. AD Teemo is pretty much dead now, IMHO. AP hurts him a LOT, even early on.

For the record, Liandry's Torment doesn't stack with the E, and (it seems) it doesn't stack with his Q either.

So here's my "normal" build:

Tome->Cage's lucky Pick
    Lvl1 Boots
    Liandri's (replaces Nashor's tooth in the old version. Less AS, and less CDR, but so worth it)
    Finish Sorcerer's Boots. (possibly earlier - depending on how it's going).
    Rabaddon's
    By this time, I am well > 200AP, probably closer to 300, with a good bit of MPen. Also - the shrooms HURT, thanks to Liandri's burn (which does stack here, TYVM)
    Then pack Deathfire in case of tanks (100AP is never a bad thing, and it's actually more if you consider Rabaddon's).

After that I am still somewhat undecided.
    Cage's has a CC-upgrade now that seems interesting, and there's always Morello's.
    There's also that Hurricane +70% AS item. That would make Teemo more feasible in a teamfight.

In short - I have a feeling the nerfbat is swinging over Teemo's head... quite heavily.

5. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

http://www.pleasedontbanme.com/

So I am posting this with a word of caution: Offensive language, racism and general foulness of the community lurks at this link.
    That said - I haven't laughed as hard in ages.
    It's a "best of tribunal" page... but it's funny.

6. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

7. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Just gotten back into lol, any champions worth buying or just stick with the free champion selection?

8. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

The big question is what your preferred playstyle is, when last you played (seeing as you said "got back into"), etc.

Champs I'd consider good right now:
    Darius, Diana, Fiddlesticks (especially with the new AP items), Teemo (only AP - but I am sure a nerf, if not a complete rework is waiting), Evelyn, Sona (if support is your thing), Ezrael, Graves, and I am very sure there are more.

9. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

JIV as a top lane is still dirty. And I think with the new AP items, Ryze and Kassadin have a slight edge.

That said, Teemo AP is obscenely ridiculous at this point. I'd say if you want solid mechanics and an easy AP mage, play Ryze. The guy is pretty boss with the new Abyssal rework and the farming mechanic reword (so much gold..) Couple it with a nice Iceborn Gauntlet and you have quite the formidable ryze.

I've been absolutely raping with Ryze and Kassadin.. Maybe I'm just getting mechanically better and maybe, just maybe AP mid is my field.

That said I still suck with TF and Vlad. I should diversify.

10. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

When i last played, i only got about 1/2 games then stopped playing as friends didnt really show me the game, the item selection was what put me off the game and not really having a regular lot that played the game.

I know the core gameplay and am starting to get used to the items- minaly using recommended items atm but am looking to play one champ for a while and learn the builds etc.

11. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Well, there are a MILLION build suited out there.
    From Mobafire to Solomid, SurrenderAt20, LOLKing (a good way to "spy" on people) and LeagueCraft.

The biggest piece of advice I have for new starters is to learn to master one champ first. Then try one that's completely different. This gives you a good idea of what AP/AD/Armor/Health items work well (if you're like me and can't remember the details, but play more by intuition).
    Also: If you see a particularly good version of a champ you are familiar with, look at what he did, what makes him so boss... it's not always the fact that he's "feeded". :p

12. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Anybody on na servers want to ranked duo with me around the same Elo, currently at 1467 I think, was 1511 yesterday but got derps on my team. I main support.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

13. loftie

loftie Multimodder

^kill stealing tank

14. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Best way.

15. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

/kill stealing support. :nono:

16. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Haters gonna hate.

17. Elton

I'd say get comfortable with one role first. Once you've gotten good with that particular character at a particular role, then you diversify. I'd say start with bottom lane. Unless you're Urgot as an ADC, all you have to do is last hit farm and build Attack speed and attack damage.

I will say though, after a while, you tend to go outside of the recommended list just because sometimes it doesn't cover some of the essentials as well or that it just doesn't cover your play style.

Although I'm not even ranked (just a rank 20) and I don't play that much, I've been playing a wide variety of characters and my weaknesses are jungle and top lane. Bottom and mid lane I tend to do decently if it's AD/APC. But I think the first thing to get done first is solid mechanics. Once you understand proper farming, ability ranges, buffs/debuffs, lane freezing, proper ganking and general character counters and such you'll be pretty adaptable and flexible.

I find that having solid mechanics can make using a new character much less painful and jarring if only because new character movesets tend to throw off the equilibrium. As for builds, most websites will cover it and some build guides actually explain the logic behind certain items, but I'll just say that getting your hands into the game and trying out items for a certain character is really the way to go as the flow of the game usually dictates what you should get.

All that thought aside though, I recently tried Urgot. He's actually surprisingly good. His harass is beyond insane and muramana on him ensures constant q spam. Nab a frozen heart and some AS or Black Cleaver and he becomes a wrecking ball. The lack of a proper escape and abysmal movement speed is a bit of a problem. But as a champion, he's actually rather fun. Admittedly he's probably one of the WORST AD carries around, but his harass potential is almost infinte due to the E + Q combo and his damage ramps up to insane levels late game.

18. knuck

knuck Hate your face

well

I've been back for a week now and all of those changes pretty much killed me. Nothing I do works. The only character I'm still good with is Lux, I get raped with anyone else. I may be dramatizing a bit but it's still how I feel when I play

19. Elton

If it makes you feel any better, I'm actually rather **** outside of maybe 2 or three characters.

Edit: This just in. Jayce is mother****in awesome. I love his kit and his late game AD scaling is balls out insanity.

Last edited: 16 Dec 2012
  20. loftie

loftie Multimodder