1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bit-tech League of Legends thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Djayness, 19 Jan 2011.

1. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

That was incredibly painful. Two games where team went afk and threw.

Ah well, I suppose that's what happens in silver. I need to brush up on mechanics and sharpen up. The Month Hiatus did no favors.

2. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I was advocating Support-Teemo ages ago. I got flamed. A LOT.

Teemo's INCREDIBLY annoying to play against.
    His passive, as was explained, allows him to disappear, and reappear (in the same spot, mind) with increased AS. Due to his E effectively being a passive as well, his Q being quite painful and the shrooms, this means that Teemo is quite good at nuking even well built ADCs down in 1v1.

He also has the annoying ability to wipe out entire teams while he's dead. It's not uncommon for me (and I LOVE playing Teemo - because, deep down inside, I am noob) to score double and triple kills while my entire team is dead, simply by people running into those mushrooms.

3. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Has anyone else been watching the World Championships?

I've made sure to try and watch at least a few matches live and then catch up on the other matches the next day (since start times are either 8pm or 3am).

Last year's World Championships were pretty professional, but this year they've certainly stepped it up a notch, and apparently there are a few surprises in-store for the Grand Finals.

I watched a bit of The International 3 (DotA2) and i really think it's got nothing on the LCS at the moment, but then maybe i didn't pay enough attention to it.

4. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

jinx is so strong

5. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I have only seen one Jinx, and she failed... BUUUT- I did spend some RP on acquiring her. Everything about her shouts that I might like her. I haven't tried her yet, though.

6. rollo

rollo Well-Known Member

Tested it out in custom with a m8 played against all other adcs won less than half he won let's than half.

Corki, cait ez destroy jinx. Rest are close duels which between similar skilled players are basically draws.

Played jinx in a normal vs Ashe with my m8 as nami support was very easy but we are diamond 2 due queue so not really a fair match up. Be a while before she's used in ranked that's for sure.

The rocket ult is funny though it will never get old.

My and m8s biggest question is this can she carry a game like a late game vayne or cait can and we both wondered that as she has no real escape in 5 v 5 team fights.

7. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Jinx is MASSIVE fun.
    Her E makes for a good tool in a variety of scenarios, and her W pokes quite well.
    her passive is STUPID funny, just being able to run after a kill.
    Her Ult cleans up a teamfight like a machine, and the passive AS boost from her Q makes her a good dueller.

8. rollo

rollo Well-Known Member

Further testing of jinx in ranked now. She is fun to play but easily dived if your team can not protect you.

Had 3 ranked games we won them all but in one of the games the other team had a diana and akali combo and the 2 of them basically 2 shot me before GA resurrected me and i could clean up after cause they had died by then.

Jinx basically requires GA I replaced my second AS item for that.

Best supports that we have worked out for jinx are Zyra, Annie, nami. All have some form of CC which allows jinx to get her own cc on top of the target and that is the death of them. They also all scale well for team fights later.

She does not work well with Sona or thresh though. And if the other lane is Soraka you need ignite or you will lose as she is not a burst adc. In a normal game we were 5-0 ahead in lane and in a level 7 battle agaist soraka graves we escaped with super low hp due to the amount of healing Soraka could do ( Niether of us had ignite) We were leona, jinx in that battle.

Jinx W does crazy damage and has longer range than people think.

9. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I only played one quick ARAM round as Jinx, TBH.

My instinct would be to play her much like a normal ADC, but with less AS (to clarify: because of the AS boost from Q)

So: Inf Edge (fun question - her auto with the minigun - one attack or three?), AS boots, Bloodthirster, BotRK.
    Then play he last bits "by ear" - BOTRK and BT work well with AS++, and if that's enough sustain, then obviously, Hurricane (I forget the full name) or Phantom dancer (the passive of that to move through minions makes for an easier getaway as well). If not, then GA would probably be on the list.

In teamfights, I get the impression that positioning around the outside is key.

10. rollo

rollo Well-Known Member

Minigun classed as 1 attack, if it was multiples it would be sick op.

11. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Yeh, that was my thinking. Would be SICK with that AS

12. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

So I started playing normal 5v5 again - and I blew at it... too much playing hyper-aggressive builds in ARAM.

Now to get used to the slower tempo and more thoughtful play again.

13. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

any thoughts on the s4 changes?

i want to main jungle next season, i love playing shyvana and eve jungle now and all indications seem to say that they're going to be buffed quite a bit

14. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Looks like S3 PBE to be honest. That's not a bad thing.

i think the changes to the supports are somewhat arguable in that they make them a HORRIBLE pick in ARAM (for example). Basically: Supports are more feasible to play now (in terms of gold and such), but aggressive support (AP-Sona, for example) is completely nerfed.

The jungle gets more complex, and I think that's good.
    Also - the extra ward items, changes to wards (only one purple per team), etc is a good step.

15. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Random observation: Lulu joins the list of champions I hate playing.
    along with Annie and Ryze

16. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Member

I'm glad in S4 I can actually buy items as a support and not just be a ward machine. I don't play much of other roles so can't comment on them.

Why don't you like Lulu, I find she's a really nice champ but that could just be because I enjoy the supports. :)

17. rollo

rollo Well-Known Member

Depends on the supports you play, Nami and Sona each have game changing ults as does zyra. All 3 will require a decent player to win your team the game.

Said it before and ill say it again a good support can carry a bad ADC. A good ADC can not carry a bad support. Nami Zyra janna each have strong disengage so if your adc gets caught you can help him escape alive, They also all have strong cc. Jannas shield also scales into crazy land in late matches.

Support is probably one of the hardest roles to play correctly. With the season 4 changes it will push even further on certain build types.

shyvana has the fastest clear rate of any jungle, Giving her more gold for doing it will take her into sick league, The only thing she does not have is a CC till you get bildgewater cutless.

When I play shyv jungle I have the entire jungle done before 4mins leaves you nearly a minute of roam time ( before the first respawn) to either tax lanes or assist in getting peoples flashes down. Can easily hit 6 in under 6mins with a bit of lane taxing.

Lulu has 1 anoying ability and thats polymorph outside of that shes rather irelivent once laning phase ends. She also has the most damage of any support pre 6.

Late game ryze is basically a tank that can deal 1k + dmg in a single ability fun to be with not so much agaist.

18. CM Nick

CM Nick Cooler Master Representative

I myself play a lot of support too. And I agree with you that you picked the 3 best support champs that can go with any random adc. I especially like nami because she can really make a difference if played good enough. I am really excited to see what s4 will bring from support!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

19. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I don't know why I don't like Lulu. I know her mechanics aren't bad, and I do OK (nowhere near "good") with her. Her Transmorph is super helpful when you ADC is in trouble (or even yourself). The Shield is handy, and her overall kit is a pleasant enough blend of offence and defence. And yet, I prefer Sona or Nami. They work better for me.

As for Annie and Ryze: I am just so awful at them that I don't enjoy them at all.

Random, possibly n00b question:
    Having recently bought Nidalee (for some reason... not really sure why), I only played her for the first time yesterday.
    I realised that she has panther form, and Panther form gives you the engage and disengage she needs (the leap), as well as a MS buff, but is there any OTHER way to use it? My log seems to dictate "build AP, spear b*tches", but I know that I am 99% sure to have missed something here. (and yes, I am VERY tired lately, so I can't brain as well as I usually do)

20. rollo

rollo Well-Known Member

Nid mid is played ap.

Nid top is ad bruiser both are viable options.