1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Bit-Tech Next-Gen Consoles Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AverageNinja, 7 Aug 2013.

1. AverageNinja

AverageNinja Almost an EpicNinja

Hiya!
    Noticed there is no real full on thread about the PS4 and XB1 (and if there is one, please close this thread :p), and I figured I'd create it.
    What do you guys think? Will you guys be getting one of these? Maybe even both?
    Me I'm getting a PS4. I was planning on getting a PC, but my TV died, so I have to buy a new one, setting me back big time. I do want some of the new games love though, so PS4 it is.
    My body is ready!

Looking forward to hear from you guys!

2. Gunnzie

Gunnzie What's a Dremel?

PS4 almost certainly.

3. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

None, with my dwindling gaming time, I really don't have the time or ability to actually play. No need to invest.

4. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

Xbox One mainly because I ****ing hate the playstation controller but also as that's where friends will be.

5. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

if i were to get one the PS4 takes my interest more at the moment, however the 360 has served my son well and had no complaints so the XB1 could be good.

Would need to see more game play before deciding

6. AverageNinja

The controllet on the PS4 will be a lot better, like a XB1 controller, but with different looks, the left analog stick moved down and a touchpad on it.
    But yeah, I'm mainly getting PS4 because all my friends have PS. And PC of course.
    €100 less doesn't hurt too :p

Don't get me wrong though, I might get a XBOX 1, just a few years later. And I'm not a XB1 hater (unlike most of my friends), Sony just has the best feature-set for me.

7. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I'll stick with the 360 for time being and see what happens, things like RROD's, games, online stuff.
    I love the 360 controller over PS style so thats a factor.

8. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

While I don't doubt that it'll be better than the PS3 pad, that pad was very poor and the sticks are still in the wrong place imo.

Also I think the touchpad will be a gimmick that may well be forgotten about after the first round of games.

Still don't like that MS are forcing me to pay for tech that I don't want and will try my hardest not to use in the kinect sensor though.

9. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Xbox One: Here
    Playstation 4: Here

Neither of them are attracting much attention, not much to be said at present till more stuffs are released.

Sam

10. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Like it or not, WiiU is next gen.

11. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Most likely neither unless something big happens, my brother has a PS3 I can play when I go home if I really want to play a console game.

12. AverageNinja

Almost forgot lol :p
    I think the Wii U is underrated, it had quite a few good games. Especially ZombiU! Had a go at that game, and it really makes you feel uncomfortable at any time. I love it :p

Game I want the most is Kingdom Hearts 3 for sure, I'll pre-order when I get my PS4 when I turn 17 in december.

13. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

My brother and I have pre-ordered a ps4. I prefer my pc, but my brother has always preferred consoles. I don't mind him paying for it though, I enjoy playing NHL and some racing games. Most single player story games I can't bother to play so I'll just watch play-throughs via youtube!

14. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I haven't fully decided yet. Neither has any games that grab me at the moment (besides Killer Instinct), but I'm probably leaning more towards the PS4 (which I know is kinda ironic because KI will be XB1 exclusive).

At the moment I seem to be playing with my PS3 more than my 360 (mainly due to the games I'm getting on PS+) but I'm also finding that the sticks on the Dualshock are a lot less responsive than the 360 sticks with too much of a deadzone (while the D-pad on the other hand is much better then on the 360 and makes the PS3 a better system for 2D fighters). I think I actually need a go with the new controllers and see which I prefer.

Microsoft has lost a whole lot of the hype (can't think of a better word to describe it atm) I had for their new console with their original XB1 policies and it's going to take a lot to earn that back.

15. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Nothing to really say that hasn't been said buy one then play it.

Hope bit tech doesn't fill with console chatter and over excited kids signing up. :sigh:

16. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I'll likely get a PS4. Prefer the games (not just announced, but also developers who are often PS exclusive) and the ecosystem. That said, I typically don't buy any console until a year or so after launch since price tends to drop a good bit after the launch hype.

17. AverageNinja

I usually buy consoles a while after launch too, got my PS3 Slim about 2~3 years ago, and I also have a Wii and a PS2 which I both got quite a few years after launch. This will be the first console I'll buy shortly after it's release (if there are enough without a waiting list on my birthday in December).