1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bit-tech shopping

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by RTT, 19 Feb 2007.

1. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

-- all sorted thankee --

why should i turn off flashblock though :p

2. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

It doesn't work like that, since it isn't actually a store. We're not stocking / selling any of these products. We simply check loads of retailers and show you a list of who is cheapest. You make the choice and then place the order on the chosen retailer's website.

I don't have the actual number to hand but it's "loads" and we'll be adding more as the service grows. All the big guys should be covered. Here's an example - 19 resellers compared. OK, so not every product has that depth but we're working hard on it. Our listings should reflect the wider availability of any given product.

Who wants to say it this time? Because keeping bit-tech alive, subscription free and clear of certain types of intrusive advertising (like IntelliTXT keywords) is reliant on the success of our regular banner ads. Flashblock costs us money - if everyone installed it, we'd go bust and close.

I would've thought someone with nearly 1,000 posts would appreciate that fact.

3. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Wow, I like the way it includes delivery too. Clever stuff.

At first I thought this was a simple cash-in for advertising revenue, but it scans all of the sites I'd actually use anyway. Good job guys. :)

4. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

Any chance of an Australian section, also?

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I wouldn't count on it, BiT's Australian readers probably don't even make up 0.1% of the readers, it sucks, but that's the way it is.

6. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

great idea to bring a shopping to bit-tech.

7. bubsterboo

bubsterboo What's a Dremel?

I like it, but i don't like it how the forum button moved... Im fussy :)

8. monkeyville

monkeyville Evilish Monkey ++;

Can i assume your going to be linking to this every time you do a review?

Will be useful to compare the rrp at time of review and current shopping price a few months down the line when i might consider it part of my price range

9. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

You damn-well better! I need to expand my wardrobe beyond Thinkgeek tees and a TWIT hat.

Anyways, really awesome setup. I was psyched to see the thing for camera lenses. SO much easier to navigate than Amazon! Newegg service while supporting Bit - what's not to love?

Oh, unrelated question regarding the navigation (as someone mentioned the forum button moving) - any chance of getting one of those little breadcrumb trails at the bottom of the page too (like is at the box at the top of the forums)? I hate having to scroll up through twenty posts to get back to the main index of the forums.

10. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

Pope but i never click on them anyway ever.

and i enabled it straight away after that, and i didnt think it would cost you money as i never click on them :( but ill start clickin just to keep you around :)

11. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Just clicking doesn't do anything unless you actually buy something. I click on a few when I go, "hmmm, thats interesting lets have a look. Damn if only I lived in the UK"
    I was wondering what had happened to the top tabs as they were out of alignment or something (Yes I visit Bit that much that I no longer even read the words in those and it confuses me when something changes.) Nice it looks much better than the other price comparison sites.
    Great one Bit, you rock :rock:

12. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

The UK list of etailers is missing a biggie, Scan. I think thats a bit odd to be perfectly honest.

13. Tim S

Tim S OG

Scan is on the list, they're just choosing not to list some products strangely.

14. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

15. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Would look like its assuming the best price is the price BEFORE delivery.. kinda weird really.

16. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Actually yesterday (yea... yesterday, even though you say it launches today :p ) I found it by mistake. I wanted to click on the 'Forum' button but after I clicked blindly as always I realised it had moved. :)

I like it but two things:

1st: It's too late! I bought my new hardware a month ago.
    2nd: UK and US only? Damn! Would've loved to use it but importing from UK/US might be a bit difficult/expensive, wouldn't it?

But I like it. It's as good/better as/than most the price search engines I use normally. Good work guys! Now get a Europe version and I'm 100% happy. :thumb:

17. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

Boys you`ve done it again!
    Very nice work on this one. :clap:
    Just one thing(actualy two) could you sort Manufacturer list in alphabetic order?
    And a Typo on the Benq FP202W the Res is 1680x1050 not 1580x1050.
    Everything else is great!!! One reason more to move to the UK :D

Last edited: 20 Feb 2007
  18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

That should be an eventual outcome. In weeks or months after an article is written prices go down, or different shops stock it so i'll make it easier to keep track.

19. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Either your prices or choice of suppliers is weird as you have the 42PX600 cheaper than the 42PX60 and nobody would be be paying £1449 for the PX60 either! [link]

Also you have start ratings. How do you rate a product?

20. RTT

RTT #parp