1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bit-tech shopping

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by RTT, 19 Feb 2007.

1. monkeyville

monkeyville Evilish Monkey ++;

I hope it isnt just me being an idiot but when i was searching for a motherboard and selected abit (or any specific manufacturer) and then attempted to sort by price the manufacturer filter stopped working

2. RTT

RTT #parp

It wasn't you, it was my fault :) Fixed now (we think!) - thanks :D

3. TGImages

TGImages Grandpa

Um... I thought this was going to be a technology comparison site.... I tried to search for 164e (as in the VBox Cat's Eye 164E HTPC Tuner card).

I got results of:

Chilton's Repair Manual VOlvo 1970-89
    8mb EDO Memory Module
    Italbrass (counter accessories) - multiple entries
    164ft long Sony cables - multiple entries
    HP iPaq H1935
    Elle Macpherson clothing - multiple entries
    LEI PlumeriaMen's clothing
    Stylish, Comptempoart hotel on Upper East Side (which is a broken link, BTW)

So this is a giant catalog shopping site, not just technology?

4. RTT

RTT #parp

Yes that's correct - it isn't our database. What search did you perform exactly (i tried the search term that you mentioned and got nothing) - a link would be good.

We are filtering to remove non-relevant results (i.e. non tech) but obviously things are still slipping through.

5. TGImages

TGImages Grandpa

6. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

Last edited: 20 Feb 2007
  7. thecrownles

thecrownles What's a Relix?

I know your shopping site is a pricegrabber site, so I'm not sure if you guys can do this, but I have a feature request that I haven't seen on any other shopping sites, and that would be a price per gigabyte filter, being able to sort by price per gigabyte in Hard Drives would be awesome. Thanks anyways, always glad to see this site expanding in a good direction.

8. BlueDemon

BlueDemon What's a Dremel?

Yay... PriceGrabber integrated into Bit-Tech. What will they think of next...

Seriouly, whenever I stumble upon sites like PriceGrabber, I get the urge to click the [X] button. Call me crazy, but all this marketing and advertising turns me off.

9. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

Are you treating this as your UAT period?

10. RTT

RTT #parp

Sorry that you feel like that. It isn't really pricegrabber though, since we can do whatever we want with the data that we have access to. If you happened to read this then you'd know that we have a tonne of features coming to it that you won't find on pricegrabber.co.uk.

It's awesome to know that people appreciate it when we try to offer a cool service free of ads, and that isn't forced on to anyone as it is not integrated at all into the bit-tech website :) :rolleyes:

11. RTT

RTT #parp

12. fini

fini What's a Dremel?

Any chance of adding komplett and dabs - couldn't see them on anything - the Western Digital MyBook Pro 500GB external is cheapest at Dabs at the moment (if not including postage).

fini

13. Tim S

Tim S OG

Komplett and Dabs are partners, but the products you're talking about may just not be in their feeds at the moment (for whatever reason).

14. severedhead

severedhead What's a Dremel?

A great addition, works very well. Just a shame that the retailers don't choose to list everything they sell, but thats not your fault.

Out of interest, what happened to bit-tech.computerprices.com or whatever it was. I remember seeing that somewhere on here ages ago.

15. RTT

RTT #parp

I thought no one remembered that - that's YEARS old!

It was kinda rubbish and died back in '05 sometime.

16. severedhead

severedhead What's a Dremel?

lol, just sprung to mind after noticing this. This is FAR superior and that was pretty pants.

17. Godboy_g

Godboy_g What's a Dremel?

Seconded :)

18. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

I've just been amused by the "best price" for an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Dual Core Processor - £344.97 delivered. :lol:

(The cheaper AMD - ADO4200CUBOX (£96.35) seems to be missing its speed on the bold item line, along with the 5600.)

I love price comparing, it's saved me a mint. Added to Bargain Bin sticky. :clap:

19. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

I'm going to set up a dedicated mailbox for y'all to report bugs, suggest features etc. We want to evolve this service into something *seriously* world-leading and as RTT says, we can do pretty much whatever we want with the data. Which means feel free to suggest ideas or request different filters (as above) etc etc

20. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

:D Thanks.