1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bit-tech shopping

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by RTT, 19 Feb 2007.

1. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

It seems pretty good but the first day I saw it I looked for some memory and couldn't find anything above DDR2-800. Bit disappointing for an enthusiast site.

The other thing is PLEASE can you switch the columns and forums buttons around. I've been used to teh forum button being in one particular place (in line with the content on the front page) for ages now. I hate where it is atm.

2. RTT

RTT #parp

We're working very closely with the pricegrabber guys since we're already their biggest UK 'partner'. They're keen to improve in any area that we tell them to (and already are infact, especially in gaming) so things over time will get better as they can learn from us.

No. Stop asking and get used to it :)

3. alextwo

alextwo <a href="http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p

Under the Memory Manufacturers there is OCZ as well as OCZ Technologies. Not sure if this is deliberate or not?

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Some companies list is as OCZ, others OCZ Tech. If you click them both you get *all* of OCZ.

Another trick to it is; if you can't find what you're looking for, try searching for the product number. ;) When I was looking around at the OCZ FlexXLC prices last friday "OCZ FlexXLC" didn't come up, but the P/N did. :)

5. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

this may have already been mentioned, but I'd like to see where those ratings are coming from... Something may have 5 stars, but I've not idea whether that is based on one rating by any random person or by 500 tech experts...

6. pumpman

pumpman New Member

is it possible to have it as an add on for Firefox ?

7. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

The filters aren't working right when you perform a search.

I looked for Samung then selected the displays and monitors category.

I got This

I'm pretty sure a notebook isn't a monitor.

8. RTT

RTT #parp

Cheers. I'll look into whether it's an us or them (PG) thing.

9. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 New Member

Loving it :D

Though it could do with a few more filters :(
    But I'm guessing that'll be in Shopping2.0 :D

10. randosome

randosome Banned

ordered a 2.5" 160gb laptop drive, unfortunately when i went to actually order it, i forgot the set the IDE filter it seems, so i bought a SATA laptop HDD :wallbash: /sigh

Oh well, lets see if they will allow me to send it back, not bit techs fault, but bad start to my shopping using bit-tech shopping

also, i don't recall an answer, but do bit-tech get a commission from sales through this service ? out of interest

Also it would be nice if some more E-tailers were on it, ebuyer (dont think ive seen them on there) overclock and overclockers would be nice :)

11. RTT

RTT #parp

if you read back in the thread you'll find that we've already covered this ;) overclockers do not advertise anywhere, ever.

Ebuyer are signed up, as are overclock (i think), but the merchants themselves control what products they are listed for, and often do not list themselves for every product. You may see Ebuyer on, for example, a 3800+ but not a 4600+.

12. randosome

randosome Banned

ok thanks :) not that overclockers is that big a deal, they are allready very expensive (probably why they dont like comparison sites ;))

and as for commisions ? ;) (it almost seems like your avoiding it now ;))

13. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

eBuyer are one of the biggest partners. You'll see a mix of all the big guys: Misco, Dabs, Scan, eBuyer, Micro Direct etc

Just as with the graphical banners, if a bit-tech reader buys a product as a result of a click from the site, we score brownie points (since that is one of the reasons to advertise). We can't discuss commercially sensitive relationships in public though.

Using bit-tech Shopping to buy things does help us. No Green Plague round 'ere ;)

14. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 New Member

As long as it goes back into Bit-Tech.net and to the users (better site, better shopping, faster server,...) sounds good to me :D

15. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Yes! :wallbash:

16. Ben

Ben New Member

17. DougEdey

18. RTT

RTT #parp

hah :D

19. DougEdey

My fee for finding that bug is one Dell 2407FPW

20. DougEdey

And for my second trick today:

When there are no products in a category, and thus no filters, there's a weird 3 sided box which appears. Nothing inside it, but it's a hyperlink to the same category (like here).
    Looks out of place on the page, and those two lines below it look odd.

The top line in IE6 appears to jump to the box.

Not sure if this is because the workplace "security" measures here are affecting the Javascipt.