1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals bit-tech SteelSeries interview - ask your questions here!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dogbert666, 23 Feb 2018.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 Happy New Ye- MELTDOWN!! Staff Administrator

Hi all,

We have a cool opportunity to interview Jacob Wolff-Petersen, the founder of SteelSeries, about the brand, its history, its products, and esports. As I did before with the Corsair product manager interview (which I think turned out rather well - hopefully you agree!), I wanted to open this up to the community in case you have any burning questions that you want addressed? I can't promise to include them all, but I will do my best.

Cheers!

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Can you please write a driver that actually works on my Macbook Air that doesn't just crash and cause problems. I am using a Steelseries Kana V2. I am unable to game with this mouse because nothing but L&R click works. No back or forward buttons, and no scroll wheel.

Can you please also start using better components in your mice. I bought a World Of Warcraft wireless mouse and it died after two months. I then discovered that you use a plastic spindle with a plastic scroll wheel and it didn't take long before the wheel was slipping on the spindle. Which of course destroyed the mouse, as web pages were jumping all over the place. Please make these parts out of metal, or something else more durable than cheap plastic, especially on a £130 mouse.

Thanks.

3. MLyons

MLyons Half dev, Half doge. Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

What do you think is the future of esports?
    Why should i buy your product over someone else?
    What's your view on RGB?
    Do you think there is a future in wireless mouse?

4. Anfield

Anfield Well-Known Member

There are over 4000 games on steam that support OS X and almost 3000 games that support SteamOS / Linux, when will peripheral driver / software support catch up to Windows standards?
    Any plans to branch out into other keyboard switch types (optical, scissor etc)?
    Can you send me a free Siberia 840 Premium?
    (ok, don't use the third one).

5. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

What is your view on the current 'gamer' = lots of lights and colours situation. Do you think their is a sufficient enough market for more 'professional' looking high end gaming peripherals?

6. The_Crapman

The_Crapman Don't phone it's just for fun.

Now that we have 'mechanical everything' and 'rgb everything', what's the next big thing in peripherals? Are they looking at VR stuff in the hope it doesn't die off like 3d TV?