1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming bit-tech's Multi-Core Gaming Server

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 5 Sep 2006.

1. yahooadam

yahooadam <span style="color:#f00;font-weight:bold">Ultra cs

i havent seen any BiT staff yet, well i think

there was somone on there with BIT infront of their name, but they wouldnt say if they were BiT staff or not, and he wasnt that good :p

The number of times BiT bench on DOD/HL2 - maybe thats why their good at CSS :p

2. specofdust

specofdust Banned

There were a few bit-tech staff members on. There were a whole load of people using the bit-prefix who had no reason to be using it, which made things a tad confusing. But Bigz0r, Rtt/captainspanner, garside, haz, and fly were all there IIRC and they're all staff. I might have missed someone but the games cos the games were pretty hectic.

3. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

The server launch brought the office to a standstill actually - at least 5 of the guys here were all playing last night at 6pm instead of working :) We also had some moderators etc who joined in I believe.

I'll leave the boys to share tales of their conquests but I know Ryan is ex-4K and Tim (bigz) used to play to a very high standard too (the 8 hours a day kinda thing). I'm personally waiting for anything-but-CS before I join in the festivities

4. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Welcome to bit-tech :D - now watch your posts per day count reach double digits :D

5. Spode

Spode What's a Spode?

Quite Possibly... :thumb:

Thought I'd get some free advertising in my signature ;)

Edit: Hmm, Lincoln - don't know Darren Hill do you?

6. Tim S

Tim S OG

I mainly play CS 1.6, but I guess this server will push me over to CS Source. Had loads of fun yesterday and I have to say that my CS (1.6) skills aren't what they used to be. It's incredibly hard to get back into that game, too - I actually find it frustrating. I guess that CS Source is a bit more friendly to me in that respect, so it shouldn't take me long to get back to what I used to be able to do. :)

7. Lazlow

Lazlow I have a dremel.

Afraid not, I'm from Windsor originally. Speaking of which, I didn't realise Bit-tech was based so close to my home town.

8. Djpuk

Djpuk What's a Dremel?

I can't wait to see how this box performs when running BF2, how many slots do you think you will run?

9. Spode

Spode What's a Spode?

Oh well, he was a rider that rode in Lincoln quite a lot a couple of years back.

I live in Egham at the moment, which is 7.5 miles from Windsor. Windsor's lovely!

Do you ride yourself?

10. misterkholl

misterkholl modMode:on

Really nice system!!! congrats bit-tech! :thumb:

11. Lazlow

Lazlow I have a dremel.

Windsor is great, but I found Lincoln to be far cheaper so decided to stay once I'd graduated. I used to ride often, mainly street/trails, but since my DMR was stolen I rarely do.

/ontopic I'm interested to see how this server handles several games at once, as it seemed flawless last night with just CS-Source.

12. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

most of the guys using the bit | tag were players from the bit | team on the old server we used to have.

Actually last night was the first time I've played since the old server went down.

Last edited: 6 Sep 2006
  13. RTT

RTT #parp

That's cos we've been playing CS together, well tim and myself anyway, for years and years and years! I haven't really played at all though since the release of 1.6 - and i mean the first 1.6 with the shield (did it ever get removed?) and all that rubbish, so i'm totally rusty :D

14. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

I wanna play :( Stupid timezones.

15. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Why can't the server be left on all the time to let people play?

16. Nath

Nath Your appeal has already been filed.

It is...?

17. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Wetsander

I eagerly await owning you all in Battlefield 2 (or Point of Existance mod, should you run that too.)

18. Tim S

Tim S OG

It's running right now.

19. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

My bad, from what I'd read it seemed like it was only open while you guys were playing.

20. yahooadam

yahooadam <span style="color:#f00;font-weight:bold">Ultra cs

Source is so easy, especially to get headshots, i wish i could get into 1.6 ;) thats what you get when you play CSS first :p

ill join if they can get a ranked server, good luck talking to EA ;)

He was making that comment in the sense that he wont be able to join when anyone from BT is on, or many english people

As far as ive seen its been on most of the time since you put on the article

Games > All :p

Tags: Add Tags