1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other BitCoin

Discussion in 'General' started by Poulter, 12 Apr 2013.

1. Poulter

Poulter What's a Dremel?

Hi,
    This may seem really random, but i've been trying to read up on bitcoin, just to understand what on earth it is, i get that its a virtual currency that can be used irl, but how does it work, or how does it function/get used? But i can't seem to find much info on it, has it died out or am I just not looking in the right places.

2. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

People buy and sell bitcoins and they seem to go up or down in value I guess like the stockmarket it can grow or crash.

Bitcoin is sometimes bought for illegal purpose like purchase on Silk road (drugs), miners sell bitcoin.

Last edited: 13 Apr 2013
  3. biojellywobbles

biojellywobbles Minimodder

I dabbled in trying to set up a mining client when I was in university accommodation and the electricity bill was not an issue. However I even gave up then because the return you get from an average gaming PC is really not worth the hassle. Some people made money when they got in early with their SLI rigs and sold the coins at the height of their value.

4. Greg_Head

Greg_Head What's a Dremel?