1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware BitFenix Prodigy: Add-ons, mods and why it’s my favourite mini-ITX case

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 16 Nov 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

You really seem to think your opinion is fact. mITX and mATX are taking off in a big way with all sorts of users, and particularly enthusiasts/gamers. Much of it driven by the fact the vast majority of that sector of the market use one graphics card and no other expansion cards. As such lots of people want small powerful systems. It's as simple as that. Prodigy isn't the smallest but it certainly has the potential to be powerful.

2. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

jrs77... The problem I have with your opinions is that they are pre-conceived perceptions on how a system is supposed to be built and what a certain form factor is supposed to do. I want to build a system that suits MY choices and do whatever I want with it. As said before by someone else in this thread, just because it doesn't suit your choices does not mean it is no good.

As I have mentioned, many people do not require or choose resolutions that exceed the 1080p standard especially as many people use their TVs as their monitors, but they still want a powerful system that can run as silent as possible. You say water cooling is overrated, on what do you judge this by? If you are purely talking about the cost/performance/cooling ratios then maybe you are right, especially in a case such as the Prodigy, but you are totally forgetting why a lot of people are even on this website. They want to do water cooling not just for the performance benefits but also for the 'cool' factor of designing and building a system that looks good as well as performs good. You simply can not beat water cooling for the looks 'WOW' factor.

Personally I do not have stairs in my home, not do I have any cupboards in the hall to hide a 'server' style system and so I have to have my PC on show in the main room and over the years I have become tired and bored of having large PCs on show. However, I do have a requirement NEED of lots of HDD space (I currently have 5 physical drives in my PC) and I am also seriously interested in water cooling my machine as if it has to be on show then I want it to look as good as it can. You simply can not meet my requirements with cases such as the SG07/08 and cases that are bigger are superfluous to my needs.

Show me another Mini-ITX case that can do what this prodigy can... (link posted before in thread).
    http://rog.asus.com/152712012/news/prodigy-projekt-a-watercooled-overclocked-mini-itx-lan-monster/

3. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Here I am talking so much about the Prodigy that I am almost talking myself in to buying one.... BUT I still hate those handle and feet arches. :)

4. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Guys... buy yourself a TJ-08e or something alike and be happy with it fitting a 200mm + 120mm rad inthere + a cheaper µATX-board. And you'll even have a case just as small as the Prodigy to begin with.

That's the problem I have with the Bitfenix Prodigy. It can't do anything better than a small µATX-case.

5. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

But it won't look so cool :lol:

6. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Showing off what you got is for little boys. Men don't need to show off what they've got. ;)

7. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

jrs77, I've often wondered if you're on the wrong site from some of your comments, but now I'm convinced.

8. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

I love mine - im not really a power user but do play games so need a decent graphics card. Also was intent upon having my new pc be absolutely silent, or as near as I could get without watering it. Prodigy does the trick as I have a full size GFX card and a massive heatsink in there. Didnt leave anything out either. Got a hard drive in there, an SSD, DVD/Bluray drive etc. Its just great :)

Ive had it since release (~1.3 years?) and when i looked in it a few months ago it was practically dust free, which is impressive given the side panel has unfiltered holes :)

9. Xir

Xir Modder

You haven't tested a Prodigy-M by any chance, have you?

10. saxovtsmike

saxovtsmike Minimodder

Liked the layout of the Prodigy from the first view. Didn´t like it´s handles.
    So I did that :
    http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=243066
    I was a huge Fan of having a Case with matx board but Prodigy Layout means, horizontal mobo
    Still undecided how to end the story, and getting a propper matx case which is not such a tight fit when doing a Watercooled system and inverted ATX layout.....

Tags: Add Tags