1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Bitfenix Prodigy Custom 1 COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Bygone, 15 Apr 2015.

1. Vognen

Vognen Minimodder

How's the cablecombes? I'm thinking about ordering some from E22 myself, but I'm a bit unsure of postage to denmark and such, so if they're not REALLY REALLY nice, I might opt for something else

2. Bygone

Bygone Minimodder

They are brilliant no doubt about that, i like them particularly as they can be mounted after you have fixed your cable. I also ordered some closed ones from GosuModz (http://www.gosumodz.com/combs/) but then you will have to Mount them before adding connectors and i prefer to be free to Mount the cable combs after for practical use.

The postage to DK is not that bad, think its 50-60 dkr from E22. Remember he is in UK, inside EU :).

Last edited: 31 May 2015
  3. soxism

soxism What's a Dremel?

Great job on the fill port mate. i was trying to think of an idea myself in regards to "Easy" Filling with this type of setup.

4. pcdesks

pcdesks What's a Dremel?

This is awesome :) just read through! great idea for the fill port :)

5. Bygone

Bygone Minimodder

Thx for the kind Words-

6. Bygone

Bygone Minimodder

Sorry for the long wait Guys. But i have finally some Progress to report :).

Since last time i have made the custom cable for my molex power to the fans, i have made the custom molex cable for the pump, i have 2x custom sata power cables.

I got a 24 pin custom cable sent from www.pexonpcs.co.uk thx to you Guys for the help on that, although DHL made life difficult for us :).

I have installed 2 led strips in the top of the bitfenix

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and i have prepped pc for leak testing...during this i learned that when making a filler channel you should make sure to have a drop in the tube from filler to reservoir...i didnt, DOH, which made it hard to use the funnel show above, it just wouldnt run into the reservoir. So i switched to injection tube and pushed it in. That worked like a charm.

during my first leak test i discovered a faulty o ring in the fitting at the top radiator, got it changed and now all seems ok, Leak test is still running.

i added a 1min30sec video of this on youtube check it out here...hope you Guys like it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x3g12YAIHA

7. storm-83

storm-83 Minimodder

/* spændende tider forude! */

exciting times ahead :thumb:

8. Bygone

Bygone Minimodder

hehe thx yes now its going in the right direction Again :).

9. Bygone

Bygone Minimodder

OK YES, the day has come, the project has been finalized, and i am ready to start installing Windows on it...

Ran into a few issues at end, found out i had switches the 2 cables inside pump pwn fan connector the wrong way. Fixed it and it runs great.

Mind in the Pictures below, the lighting is set to 100%, this will be lowered to around 50% when im starting installing. Darksides led strips really are fantastic.

FINAL PHOTOS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Vognen

Vognen Minimodder

A nice finish to a great mod :thumb:

11. soxism

soxism What's a Dremel?

Great work. Ever thought about a Fan Grill or guard? Stop anything being "Sticked" into the Front Fans?

12. Bygone

Bygone Minimodder

Yes i have considered it but havent found a design that would fit this build yet...might add it later.

The 2 red alphacool fans also needs to be replaced at some point they are just too noisy.