1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Bitspower AIZ97M7IITX Maximus VII Impact Waterblock Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 14 Jan 2015.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Staff Administrator

2. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

This would really come into its own in a custom case design. Take this and a GPU with a full waterblock, use a flex riser to 'fold' the GPU down onto the motherboard (or onto the back, depending on port layout). Add a SFX PSU next to this stack, and the combined long dimension is about the same as a 120mm radiator, and the thickness roughyl the same as a tick radiator with sandwiched fans. Add this below the pair (think top-left mobo and GPU, top-right PSU, bottom radiator) and you have something very compact and also very quiet (no restrictions on flow through the rad, so slower fan speeds needed). The rub would be the SFX PSU: leaving it independent - and using a SFX-L - means it only needs to deal with its own heat, but runs its own slim fan. Creating a custom PSU waterblock (tricky) would bring it into the loop, but would likely force a move to a 280mm rad.

3. Hustler

Hustler Well-Known Member

Oh my...imagine that inside a Parvum case.

Swoons...faints.

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Leather bloomin loves ITX.

And that is because it is awesome.

5. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Staff Super Moderator

Ha ha! Very true. I still swoon over the bigger stuff though - if I had an office that could house a Corsair 900D then I'd probably own one, but houses in the UK are pretty tiny, especially new builds...

6. jinq-sea

jinq-sea The Double Insulates Super Moderator

Fact. I love my ITX rig! I just wish I could track down one of the previous Bitspower blocks at a sensible price...!

7. p0rn5tar

p0rn5tar New Member

Although I love the design and results, I think I'll save an extra £150 odd quid and stick with my Corsair H100i keeping my i7-4790k (@4.8Ghz) cool on my Impact mobo. I'm an ITX convert after this new build, I won't go back to bigger boards, the Impact board is fantastic. No need to SLI with a good gpu really for gaming.

8. Nexxo

Nexxo Queue Jumper

Which is why Ada is built around an Asus Impact VI mobo. With an EK full-cover block of course.

9. David

David RIP Tel

I really don't like the direction Bitspower have taken with their block design (aesthetically). However, I'm not running custom loops any more, so it has no impact on me - I just think they look a bit tacky.

10. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

I was confused by that last picture, because it looks like there's another hole for a G1/4 fitting leading out of the bottom of the block.
    Then I realised that it's just the reflection :duh:

11. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog New Member

I thought the same until I saw the clear version although I still don't like the model name splashed across it.

http://www.highflow.nl/images/detailed/25/BP-WBAIZ97M7IITXNPAC-CL_1.jpg

12. whamio

whamio New Member

same stuff in the 380t...not a problem in the world...game on

13. jimbok11

jimbok11 New Member

Haha!

Tags: Add Tags