1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Black ICE GT STEALTH or Alphacool NexXos?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ry@n, 3 Jun 2009.

1. ry@n

ry@n Minimodder

Hi Im looking for a triple (360mm) radiator to replace my Black ICE 240mm. I don't want to spend more than £40 and I like the look of both of these:

Alphacool-NexXxoS-Xtreme-III

Black ICE GT Stealth 360

I can't seem to find anything about the Alphacool to compare the two, its considerably thicker than the Black ICE but this may not necessarily mean its better. If the Alphacool is generally better I will go for this as I have space for it as well as space for some thick fans/shrouds.

Cheers,
    Ryan.

2. aquatuning

aquatuning What's a Dremel?

Personally i would go with the black ice :lol:

3. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

If you're not cooling that much then I'd go for the Black Ice as well.

In a previous build of mine I had that same Black Ice radiator. When I needed to drain my system down to make some changes to my case, I replaced the Black Ice with a new Thermochill PA120.3
    I'd heard excellent things about these and bought one at almost £60.00

My loop currently contains the CPU & G/Card. After installing the Thermochill I only noticed a decrese of around 3deg. Whilst it was an improvement, not really that much to justify the extra cost.

4. ry@n

ry@n Minimodder

Thanks for the input, unless I can find some evidence/benchmarks that the Alphacool rad is better I will be going for the Black Ice.