1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blackbird Build

Discussion in 'Modding' started by slurry, 28 Nov 2012.

1. slurry

slurry What's a Dremel?

Starting in the coming weeks, I will be uploading info/pics from a new(old) build in my Blackbird 002 case. At the moment, it will have some older parts, but will slowly be upgraded until it is where I want it to be.

What will be in it to start: i7 940, DX58SO mobo, 12gb Corsair dominator, 4870x2 (first to be upgraded), Corsair Force 3 120gb ssd, Corsair HX1000 psu.

I will be looking to upgrade the gpus to something modern once I have decided on what I want. Leaning towards either a 660ti sli setup or 7870 xfire setup. Other recommendations are always welcome. Eventually, I would like to upgrade the cpu, but I havent yet decided on how much I want to upgrade it. One possibility is simply upgrading to a 980x or other EE 1366 cpu. Or, I could go for a Sandy Bridge setup. Cost does matter to me, which is why I do not have stupidly fast everything to begin with.

As for peripherals, I do have a brand new, original, Voodoo/Razer Tarantula and Deathadder. Might consider going with a Blackwidow 2013 and Ouroburos when it comes out. Feel free to make requests, recommendations, or ask any questions. Build should start when I get home mid-December. Thanks!

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Project Logs rule no. 2... Moved to modding for now.