1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Blaster is Killng me!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by War-Rasta, 22 Jan 2005.

1. War-Rasta

War-Rasta What's a Dremel?

i seem to be infected by the blaster virus and i have been unable to get rid of it despite my efforts.
    i've installed every patch in the microsoft site, tried every removal tool on the net and scanned about 100 times with McAfee antivirus with no sign of it. i searched the registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\RUN) and there's no sign of it. msblast.exe does not exist on my windows\system32 directory or anywhere else on my computer and it doesn't show up on the task manager either. i have XP Pro in case it matters.
    it's driving me insane!!
    i used to have it before so i installed Norton Antivirus (i didn't have no antivirus software before) and as soon as i did i never heard from blaster again but Norton was taking too many resopurces so i decided to go with McAfee and Blaster shoud up as soon as i did the whole unistall one/install the other thing. McAfee's DAT files are up to date BTW.
    anyway, if u have the slightest clue of what is going on, PLEASE HELP ME!!

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Well one thing i have heard of is that the antivirus exe could be infected, then it either doesn't spot any virii (pl. of virus?), or it simply finds them all over the bloody place. Sounds like a bit of a puzzler to me...

3. padrejones2001

padrejones2001 Puppy Love

When you uninstalled Norton, it may have let blaster out into the wild again. So when you scanned again, it showed up. To be honest, I would get rid of them both and get Avast!. It's so much better than both and it's free and it takes up barely any system resources.

4. Listy

Listy What's a Dremel?

try online scanner like housecall

cant do any harm tbh i sometime run it even if im running virus check as a double check

5. Dinh

Dinh What's a Dremel?

If that doesnt work, make a new XP installation disk and slipstream all the updates + service packs and reformat your system..

Tags: