1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Blizzard bans singleplayer cheaters

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 11 Oct 2010.

1. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    You can do all of that with the regular cheat codes and map editor, of course you dont get the achievements. You dont need to hack the game to do it AND get the achievements.

2. FelixTech

FelixTech Robot

First, to all of the people who are here discussing the impact on achievements, I would like to point that Blizzard could just as easily TAKE THEIR ACHIEVEMENTS AWAY rather than banning them. Punishment to fit the crime no? As it stands anyone willing to play something else for a while can cheat to get the achievements, get banned, and walk away with 9000+ achievement points.

Also, Blizzard do not provide any way for players to play in offline mode by choice, so they cannot justly complain about people playing in online mode. (Disabling things in windows is irrelevant to the argument, for all they know your network card is hard wired to ON).

3. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

May I point out that I don't consider disabling my network card a reasonable expectation.

4. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

According to them:
    http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=27189089534&pageNo=2#25

5. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

So it turns out the cheater would be also cheating in MP.

6. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

From the battle.net link above:

Not necessarily cheating in multiplayer, but they'd still have the trainer active in multiplayer. Which is detectable.

At least, that's how I interepreted it. It's like walking in to an exam with the answers written on your arms. Just because you don't use them, doesn't mean they're not there.

7. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

And considering that what made Starcraft was the competitive online play, any threat to a fair MP experience must be dealt with immediately.

8. Ape

Ape Suck my barrel

Actually, no.

That doesn't punish anyone at all. All it says is "naughty!", takes away the users falsely obtained stats and then leaves them free to do it again when a new way is released.

9. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I can't believe they're banning people who cheat in the SP, ridiculous.

edit: forget that just read Zero's post.

10. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Pwned!

11. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

What a load of crap.

12. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Nah! Is just the real world teaching some kids.

13. Zider

Zider What's a Dremel?

Cheating is also utterly ridiculous.. :p

14. RonnyRulz

RonnyRulz What's a Dremel?

This is going too far.

Also, EULA's are a joke. No one reads them, nor do I "sign" anything or agree when I click 'okay'.
    Just because I click a button which is forced on me to play a game which I paid for, does it mean they can take away my game.

I've challenged charges on my credit card, AND WON, over MMORPG's who ban me before my PAID month is up. If they want to take away my game time which I PAID for, then I will take away my money which I gave them, because they failed to deliver the product I paid for.

It's all a part of the EULA, which doesn't state they can steal your money. They can ban me from a MMORPG for an action I do, but they can't steal my $15. And yes, if I pay for 1 month of game time for $15, and they give me even 1 day less than that 1 month, then I am entitled to my $15 back, and I've never lost. I am not alone either, as thousands of others do the same.

Tags: Add Tags