1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Blizzard releases WoW race changer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 29 Oct 2009.

1. dire_wolf

dire_wolf Last Of The Dovakhiin

Bwahaha, fantastic. Seriously Star*dagger, drop that nonsense it makes you look like a fool.

2. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Uhm.. why would you even want to change your race/class in an MMO? Wouldn't it be better / cheaper just creating a new char?

3. dire_wolf

dire_wolf Last Of The Dovakhiin

Not if you've already poured a ridiculous amount of time into getting it to Lvl 80 and gearing it up. Tbh someone would only do it if they fancied a change or wanted better racials.

4. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

If you hardcore you probally have every race/class/spec combination over multiple accounts. If your like me and grind to 70 very slowly cause theres only 6 ppl your level in the enire world and being aloner isnt fun, the thought of wanting to change race by starting over again makes me cry. theres only so many times you can wipe out the boar population of westfall before you start to wonder if Blizz had wonderful childhood on their happy farm.
    TBH Id rather pay just to play endgame since thats where all my friends are but since I pay so much to play each month I dont understand why blizz should charge me for the remaining part of my life. Really the games dies at level 30, The thought of grinding to 80 alone is boring, By the time I get there theyve raised the level cap. Yea I could pvp at level 30 but whats the point? So many shiny buttons that I wont have access too.......yay!!!

5. Krazeh

Krazeh Well-Known Member

So why exactly should Blizzard offer this optional service for free? Noone needs to change their race, it's an optional extra and Blizz are perfectly entitled to charge what they like for it. If you don't like it then don't change race, or start a new character from scratch.

6. Fozzy

Fozzy New Member

YOu do realize that you're talking about something completely unrelated don't you? Nobody said that blizzard is ruining the world or harming the environment....so why do you bring up companies that do? We are simply astonished that the $15 a month spent on this game isn't enough for blizzard. WoW is probably the most profitable game ever created and blizzard still finds ways to screw everyone. A while ago the allowed players to do pre-bc instances to get tokens or something but they didn't change the cap on how many people could be doing an instance at once. So players under lvl 60 had to wait up to an hour just to get into an instance. They also messed up PVP so badly that nobody ever wants to play. There are many things that Blizzard has messed up with wow all for the sake of increasing their income. Half the reason I'm so frustrated is because I'm worried about what's going to happen with Diablo 3.

7. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Member

I was waiting for the part where it is also $25 extra per month...

8. Krazeh

Krazeh Well-Known Member

How is charging for race changes "screwing" you or anyone else? What makes you think that the ability to change your race should be something that's included in your monthly subscription?

9. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

At the end of the day your getting 2months play time for around the price of most other pc games. Take Oblivion or MOH4 Main game for £15-£20 and Ive got as much play time on it as 2years of WOW. The amount of money Ive spent on wow something as simple as character transfer or being able to change race should be free. I understand the high cost for server maintainace, staff etc but its starting to go the way of the sims.

10. sub routine

sub routine Archie Gemel

if it was free everyone would do it all the time causing havoc. if you want to do it for a modest fee you can. Who cares really? Night elves Cheesecake :p

11. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

I dont understand what everybody is crying about. Nobody forces you to change server/race/underwear! If people have too much money and think its a good idea to spend 20€ on a server change only because they dont like the server they started at thats their problem. Changing race because they didnt read the manual in the beginning and choose a bad race/class combo thats their problem also.
    Of course Blizzard wants to make money, they are a company and thats what they do. If there is a market for it why wouldnt they.
    The money they make with WoW goes back into development of other games and imho thats only good.

Tags: Add Tags