1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Bloody Hell

Discussion in 'General' started by Cerberus90, 5 Nov 2009.

1. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Just wire up a cardboard tube with an infrared detector attached to a coil/relay. it should send the pilot a sam lock warning and make him poo himself.

2. xrain

xrain Minimodder

We get DC-6's flying over my university all the time... I love the sound of those radial engines.

It's going to be a sad day when they finally retire them :sigh:.

3. Fisher.

Fisher. partially impartial

How silly of me, of COURSE John worked there. Or crash-landed there. Whichever. :lol:

4. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

lol, I think the better question is where hasn't John worked. I think the list might be shorter on orders of a magnitude.

5. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

ROFLMAO! I love that! When I'm shopping for my next house I'll ask how much airspace comes with the property. XD

6. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

I saw an old episode of Extreme Engineering on Discovery the other day, they were building a tunnel in Kuala Lumpur (the SMART tunnel, I think it was), and the tunnel had to follow the line of the highway above it and snake all over the place because according to Malaysian law property rights extend all the way to the centre of the earth. This meant they couldn't just bore a hole in a straight line because they'd be trespassing by tunneling under people's homes.

7. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

In the state of Colorado you own the house when you buy one. The mineral rights to anything in the ground and the airspace above belong to Colorado - including any moisture that falls on your roofs and gutters. You cannot divert it or barrel it up for your garden, it belongs to Colorado so they can sell it to other states.
    Just hope they never discover oil under your back yard or you will have the state drilling and trucking it out.

8. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

ARRRGH paradrop!! Deploy Pillbox!!! Micro those attack dogs over!!!

Oh wait... too much RA2, my bad :)

9. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I'm grateful I don't live in Colorado. Although Britain is almost as bad, the whole planning rights thing irks me immensely - it's MY property, why do I need to get council approval to do **** on it? Why are only certain kinds of buildings allowed? Do I own this shizzle or not, assholes? :wallbash:

10. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

As a Land Law student, allow me to explain;

No. You don't own the land. The Crown does.

You own an 'estate,' which as a concept is a hangover from the 1066 invasion. These come in several flavours, but if you own the freehold, it's likely to be an 'estate fee simple in absolute,' which is "the right to possess, to the exclusion of others, the land, in perpetuity." The reason for local planning laws is that your council doesn't want you bulldozing your Grade II* listed townhouse and building a sixteen-story concrete replica of Admiral Nelson naked. All these laws are to maintain the cohesion of the area and to avoid infringing your neighbours' rights to enjoy their own property, even if the area and the neighbours are ****.

Incidentally, the old rule that you own everything from Hell to the Heavens is wrong (in England at any rate). Now, you own as much as is reasonable for you to enjoy your land; hence why people in London cannot excavate the Tube to put in a sub-basement and why planes overflying your house are not trespassing.

11. PureSilver

What? By shooting the pilot?

Everything else on the aircraft is triple redundant; even the pilot has a co-pilot. Even quite a lot of .22 holes will not stop a Hercules...

12. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Not to mention the Allison T56 engines can be run on practically anything combustible that gets through the fuel strainer.

13. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

That depends on whether it's flying over Hollywood...in which case one air rifle pellet to the gas tank and BOOM!

14. PureSilver

Ha - yeah, Hollywood is the worst place in the world to have a car accident; even quite a small hit or high-speed turn won't result in a dent or spin like normal, but instead in the kind of explosion usually associated with flicking lit matches into petrol tankers. :D

15. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

So a large fire and no explosion?

(If it was an empty petrol tanker then it'd be a different issue)

16. Captain Haddock

Captain Haddock Blistering Barnacles

A couple of years back on a Sunday afternoon I was merrily assembling the PC which I'm currently using when I heard an ever increasing droning noise over Beethoven's 5th.
    1st thought = "That sounds low".
    2nd thought = "That's a Merlin".
    3rd thought = "No, it's not; it's FOUR Merlins".
    Mad panic to find camera as the sound of four Merlins reverberate from LOW overhead.
    Get outside with camera in hand just in time to see the battery indicator go to zero bars and the Battle of Britain flight Lancaster disappear over the trees at about 250 feet - BUGGER :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

17. Freedom

Freedom Minimodder

I once saw a couple of apachi heli play tag in the vallies and ridges of Mt Snowdon when ill get home ill dig out the pictures when i get home.

18. Deact

Deact What's a Dremel?

I've been quite lucky on the aircraft front living close to a RAF Northolt, getting chinooks and the odd Hercules amongst the usual government jets and so forth quite regularly and even seen a whole flock of Apaches (well 6) fly low over towards the base. The other good point about the base is that it is now and then its used as a flight path orientation point for flypasts over London for the big events. So i've had the Red Arrows flashing by for a number of years but by far the most impressive has to be the whole Battle of Britain flight droning overhead more than once, not as low as Captain Haddock's expereince but awe inspiring never the less to see. Also lucky enough to have Concorde do one of its final flypast over my old school, it seemed so low I could touch the dipped nose!

Less awesome it the local police helicopter that seems to make routine vists to my local area these days chasing which ever nitiwt deserves its attention and when they call that mounted search light a "nightsun" they really aren't joking! I'd much rather have a Herc roaring overhead that that bloody thing buzzing the area flashing that light around in the dead of night! :wallbash:

19. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Oh yeah, we had that come over at about 150ft a few months ago too.

Didn't have my camera as I was out in the garden. So awesome!!! Best view I've ever had of the Lancaster flying.

20. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I never have my damn camera when there's flypasts, this year seemed to be a bumper year. There've been Spitfires, Hurricanes, 'the' Lancaster a couple of times and an old 'murkin plane. Lovely sound, gives you goosegogs.