1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bloody thieving **************s!

Discussion in 'General' started by smoguzbenjamin, 26 Jul 2005.

1. smoguzbenjamin

smoguzbenjamin "That guy"

I recieved a phonecall yesterday that some bloody chav's broken into my (well, our) house during my holidays! Bloody cheek!

Aparrently my PC hasn't been nicked :worried: , however the place is a mess and two TFT screens have been stolen, along with some antique jewellry and god-knows-what, probably one of the PCs too but I'm speculating here. I won't be back home for another three days but when I get there there'll be a really nice mess for me (and everyone else) to sort out.

Sodding thieves, makes me wanna shoot someone. However I'm still pretty happy my PC hasn't been taken. Looks like my crap modding skillz have been my PCs salvation in the end.

Next time I go on holiday I'm leaving a sentry gun in the hallway. :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr:

2. Stuntman

Stuntman Minimodder

Stuntman says ":( Damn, that sucks. You have theft insurance? (do they even make that?) It seems like alot of bit-tech'ers are getting theved, think its an organized crime ring bent on destroying the lives of our joyous fellow users? :p"

"But yeah, sorry man.... :(," Stuntman also adds, "Yes, those were vocalized smilies. You cant comprehend what it means to hear a smile but you heard them nonetheless..."

Edited by Stuntman for nessesety of 3rd person speech.

Last edited: 26 Jul 2005
  3. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

Stuntman.... you need to keep a lid on that first person speach... it'll develop into a nasty habbit!

4. smoguzbenjamin

Hmmm I had my sister-in-law on the phone an hour ago, she was at the house, nothing from my room's been taken, however my girlfriend's mother (I live there, long story, don't ask :p) has been hit hard as all her gold jewellry is gone, including the very first gift her husband of 20 odd years bought her so she's pretty upset. Looks like a thief who was out for money and jewellry, my guess is that they took the TFT screens because there wasn't much loot in our house :p

And the mess in my room seems to be OK, a few things over the floor but not much, looks like my ordeal isn't too bad. I feel bad about the jewellry though. :sigh:

Oh well, I'm treating myself to a palm handheld (m505 if you want to know) and a 256MB sd-card for expansion, so I'll have an uber-huge palmtop so I can watch episodes of star-trek during boring classes. :)

Still peeved about the robbery though. You have to be a right chav to make your money by stealing from other people. If I ever find out who it was I'll come round and steal his kit, see how happy he is afterwards :miffed:

edit // oh yes, we're insured, that isn't the problem. The hassle of everything and the emotional value of some items is the biggest pain in the arse. At least the 700-euro-a-pop microsoft office CDs are still there ;)

5. dannyqball

dannyqball What's a Dremel?

Sorry to hear about your loss man. My house was broke into last Tuesday and they pretty much left a huge mess and got a lot of jewelry as well. Fortunately they didn't take any of my computer equipment but they did get a ring that was given to my wife from her aunt that has since past away.
    The insurance company only carries $1000 US on jewelry and we lost over $2000 so I guess I'm out a thousand dollors but none the less keep in mind that no one was hurt and nothing but the door was damaged.
    I feel your pain with the frustration of the mess and the violation of strangers being in your house but you have to focus on the posative and be thankfull no one was home at the time.
    My family is more important to me than jewelry so it's time for me to move on. I hope you can do the same.
    Again, sorry for your loss but it could have been much worse.
    Good luck with your future.

6. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

fixed ;)

7. the1maxim

the1maxim What's a Dremel?

If the insurance doesn't pay out everything, Stuntman could probably find you a stolen credit card number to buy new stuff with. :p

8. Mace

Mace Ohh, it stings.

3rd person..

And, hopefully you get this resolved o_O;

9. M3G4

M3G4 talkie walkie

Nope, lorquis was right. Surprised no-one else caught on... (check the end of stuntmans post, it says "edited for...[ ]...3rd person speech"

Sorry to hear about the robbery. It must suck to have personal belongings snatched away :( At least the insurance claim can compensate for the materialistic side :)

10. smoguzbenjamin

Sorry to hear you being out $1000 dannyqball. Sucks doesn't it? :(

My own financial loss is negligable, probably just a couple of ICs that have been damaged, however the frustration of some self-important sod rummaging through my stuff is indeed horrible. But yes, no-one was hurt and we pretty much got away with it. I still feel for my mom-in-law though, she's hit the hardest because a lot of jewellry that was worth nothing was taken, but it had a lot of emotional value because it was given to her by her husband in the early years of their relationship, so that's a big loss for her.

Thanks for the support guys :)

11. dannyqball

dannyqball What's a Dremel?

I understand completely, I'm still looking behind doors at my house, it's hard to trust again when something like this happens. Also I can relate to your mom in laws feelings, crooks took a ring that belonged to my wifes aunt before she died.
    It wasn't worth much but the sentimental (emotional) value is now lost.

Would like to find them and hang them by razor sharp fish hooks and smack em around a bit.

12. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Sorry to hear about the breakins. I know a few people in the NL, and they all say that crimes got terrible since the Eu opened up. Might just be them and their predjudices(sp?) but most of them seem to think it's all the eastern european gangs. Know a few folks over there who've had their homes broken into :(

13. smoguzbenjamin

TBH I was thinking eastern-european myself, I leave near a neighbourhood of 'refugees', and a bike was nicked too (probably to get away quick 'n' quiet) so this shithead's action radius isn't too big. Now I know why people in Texas carry guns :rolleyes:

edit \\ and yes, the EU sucks ass. :grr: