1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Blu-ray ripper

Discussion in 'Software' started by Podge4, 16 Jul 2010.

1. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

I have a BD drive on my pc but we don't have a BD player downsatirs. I think i have everything i need to stream my music and films to my 360 downstairs. I would like to stream some of my BD but the software i have tried doesn't do it right. I've tried Anydvd HD and DVDFab, there is another one i think but can't remember what its called.

Unless i need something extra some of them rip in 20 or more files with no audio, some don't the video but does the audio.

2. saspro

saspro IT monkey

I set anydvd HD to rip to an ISO for bluray & play it on my HTPC from my server.
    You'll probably need to convert it for the 360 though

3. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I use a combination of AnyDVD HD and ClownBD to make a bluray rip (.TS) while removing all the things i dont want. The other option is MakeMKV which is still on beta which does the whole process in one program and you do not need to use AnyDVD with it.

Neither of these programs compress the video in anyway.

4. Podge4

I tried to make an image with Anydvd, but for some reason PowerDVD 10 won't read it. So i then tried MakeMKV, it seem too work so far. just tried to stream it and it seems to work, just got to get subtitles working. Only thing with MakeMKV is that when i go to load the film (or even look at the files in My Computer) I get a msg saying Explorer has crashed, restart it now, im in win 7

I've come to use makemkv again and it says trial has expired.

Last edited: 17 Jul 2010
  5. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Try re-entering the beta key, valid until August 2010:
    http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053

In the program, go to help > register and enter the key.

If it won't let you into the program initially, set your OS clock to 1st June 2010 then try the beta key. You should be able to revert back to the correct date afterward.

Also, make sure you have the codec installed to read mkv files:
    http://www.matroska.org/downloads/windows.html

Edit: The explorer crash might be down to Windows trying to read or generate the mkv file's thumbnail image. I don't really have time to look into this now, but Google might know.

Super Edit: Was able to recreate the crash with DivX mkv codec installed. Even looking at the file in Explorer would make it crash. Uninstalled The DivX mkv codec and installed VLC media play in it's place (there are no other mkv codecs on this computer) and was able to view and play the files without issue.

Last edited: 18 Jul 2010
  6. JHarley1

JHarley1 New Member

+1 for MakeMKV - I use this on a regular basis - it does create some hefty files though (size wise).

7. Podge4

cool, i'll give them a go in a bit, thx

Edit- Got makemkv to load, nice one. I've been trying dvdfab again. i can get a 1080p rip with original audio to a 7.5gb avi. only down side is it puts 2 black bars on top n bottom, yet when i do it at 720 it don't have them, tried a few things with the cropping settings but don't work, i'll try makemkv again.

If anyone knows much bout dvdfab id be really glad of help.

Last edited: 20 Jul 2010