1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Blue backlit keyboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by timmehtimmeh, 19 Dec 2015.

1. timmehtimmeh

timmehtimmeh Minimodder

Hi, I am looking for two identical keyboards for 2 machines.

My requirements are that they need to be backlit, full sized but minimal edging (like a filco), only use one usb 2 port and ideally not £100. I don't even care for mechanical.

I currently use a k70 but have had a k90 and a g710+ but am not that much in love with the corsair.

Something a bit cheaper and lighter would also be nice.

Any ideas?

2. wormy

wormy Minimodder

ive just started using an element beryllium. Early days but it seems ok if you dont want to spend out on something like a ducky shine.
    ebuyer currently selling for £50 i think

3. Lankius Maximus

Lankius Maximus Minimodder

2nd vote for the Ducky Shine. The 4 has been reduced as the 5 has just been released. Thin bezel and full size. Ticks all your boxes.

4. timmehtimmeh

timmehtimmeh Minimodder

I got two of the above keyboards but having problems with both of them :(

On my PC: P8Z77-I DELUXE - I get USB device over current, no keyboard present on boot and then it has problems when I connect the keyboard during the booted windows

On my other PC: H81I-PLUS - the @ key doesnt seem to work

Any ideas on how to solve the "USB device over current" problem on boot?

5. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Try resetting the CMOS as a starter for ten.

6. timmehtimmeh

timmehtimmeh Minimodder

I realised that the amazon marketplace seller had previously sold the keyboards, someone had complained and left feedback about the same issue. The seller had received them back and then resold them to me!

Grumpy face time waster.. They're going back now. I did like them alot however, I shall be buying a pair off of Ebuyer for £60.

Thanks

7. wormy

wormy Minimodder

Sorry to hear that. I hope you have better luck with ebuyer. That's where I got mine from and it's fine, save for something which is probably simple to fix - key presses don't seem to register in Windows after booting up unless I unplug and re-plug the keyboard.
    It's a very pretty piece of kit IMHO though and works nicely once it's going.