1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding blue ring lit power button? who posted about one

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Seth, 6 Aug 2002.

1. Cheese

Cheese Doc

2. Risky

Risky Modder

I've fond an alternative at RS. Nav to All Products | Automation | Switches | Pushbutton Switches | 3A | Min Vandal Resistant Pushbutton Switches
    [​IMG]
    non-illuminated 314-9300 £5.80
    illuminated green 314-9316 £6.98
    illuminated red 314-9322 £6.98

:cooldude:

3. Risky

Risky Modder

Except they're marked as
    Tip fwd voltage 2.2V
    Max fwd voltage 3V
    Min cuurent 20mA.

Off to find out how to get this to work for Pwr and HDD LED headers

4. Cheese

Cheese Doc

5. Risky

Risky Modder

Thanks. I'd googled to the formular, but it wasn't as hady as that. I'm still not sure where I aim between typical and max Voltage so I'll rounf down the resistor , I guess.

6. Seth

Seth What's a Dremel?

wow that scheisse is elite.

7. apoogod

apoogod trix arent just for kids

whats RS?

8. Boggy

Boggy What's a Dremel?

radio shack. or rs components

9. Phire

Phire Performance-PCs.com

def not Radio shack

10. Risky

Risky Modder

11. Deviate

Deviate What's a Dremel?

I heard that! Unless it's a satellite dish or cordless phone, Radio Shack doesn't carry it. :D

12. robbie123

robbie123 Banned

strange you lot.....why are you avoiding Eimod.com, those farnell ones are completely different to theres....see the piccys at eimod.com

Price well i dont know, seeing these are presoldered with blue L.E.Ds and wiring then why go all the way of buying them from somewhere else, modding them (cutting them open stuff like that) and then putting them back together will cost you just as much if not more?

Seems like you lot are stuck in your times......just saying make life easier and go and buy the friggen thing from there saving you all the hassle.

Personally im not gonna buy any because i dont want them, i just felt like posting in this thread.

13. Cheese

Cheese Doc

Heh there's nothing wrong with eimod... just pointing out the different colours (not everyone wants a silver switch :eeek:), and also a source who'll deliver in 2 days - the wait on the switches from eimod is quite lengthy if I remember rightly :)

Rob.

14. Risky

Risky Modder

Also my RS offering is half the price.

15. Fronzel

Fronzel What's a Dremel?

Doesn't the Eimod price include shipping and wiring?

16. robbie123

robbie123 Banned

Yeah Eimod i believe include UK VAT, Delivery and wiring, where as RS dont, so try and not get caught by that. I agree price is a little high at eimod.com but i think its justified by all the stuff they include with it. Ive also heard they are gonna start doing expansion kits for these so you can plug various applcations into them and they do something, not sure what though....

17. robbie123

robbie123 Banned

Oh i forgot to say that eimod.com do other colours than blue, i just saw someone say they didnt. At the moment they do blue, green and red. I wrote to the guy (Rob) there and he said he's getting in Purple and White, ive looked everywhere and no where can i find them

18. linear

linear Minimodder

I'm confused

In a thread from a couple weeks back....
    But today you seem to be referring to Rob in the third person:
    Speaking as moderator, please clarify your position, robbie123. Vendors are welcome on our boards, but I'd really rather you were open about the fact. If you'd like to discuss advertising placements, mrhaz can get in touch with you about that.

19. Cheese

Cheese Doc

If you're referring to my post I was talking about the colour of the switch's body - i.e. silver in the ones sold by eimod, farnell sell black and red too :) Also farnell don't charge shipping, just VAT - which makes their switches about the same price as eimods when you include a 10p cable and 2s soldering time (i.e. they're a viable alternative if you want a switch in a hurry, a month is far too long to wait for anything IMO ;)).

The deal from eimod is good for the product, but I'd never spend £12 on a switch - if I wanted to make mine prettier I'd mod it ;)

r.

20. Eimod

Eimod Banned

Hi everyone, now this is gonna seem odd, but thank you to who posted about robbie123 and what seems to be two people posing as one, some guy and someone from Eimod.com.

Now to start off I am Rob from Eimod.com, I DO NOT use Robbie123 in any forums, in fact i dont even post in forums normally but seeing this has made me annoyed. Ok so the guy whoever he/she is, is not doing any harm, not slagging me, you or anything off, so im cool with that. But i dont like it when someone starts pretending they are a part of my website, run it or even suggest what we can do.

I've written off to the admin of this forum hoping we can resolve this. Any questions concerning our products at eimod.com can be emailed to us. Currently we only do Green, Red and Blue of these switches, no such thing as purple or white.

Sorry to post this on this thread.