1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Bluetooth headphones for mobile use

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by IvanIvanovich, 19 Jul 2012.

1. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

I am looking for some decent bluetooth headphones. I will be using these mobile with my ipod touch 99% of the time. I am tired of re-soldering my cables every so often and I can't seem to manage avoiding getting them snagged and ripped out constantly. Also my ipod touch jack is going... so there is reason two.
    I need them to sound good, be comfortable (large over the ear noise cancelling style, like 70's AV room headphones) and trying to keep in under $150 budget. They should also be reasonably durable as I will take them with me everywhere I go.
    I keep doing searches but haven't really come up with a whole lot... The only thing I have really come up with close to what I want is the AKG K830BT, just looking for some other alternatives maybe.

2. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

For best sound forget wireless get studio Headphones
    Comes with 2 cables and they are detachable and you can buy replacements.
    AKG 271 MK2
    I got them and love them. A friend has the MK1 for over 10 years now!

Or enjoy more battery related issues + wireless issues:
    http://www.whathifi.com/review/sennheiser-pxc-310-bt

3. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

I actually modded my current set with a jack for detachable first. I still have problems with snagging the cables which is why my ipod jack is messed up too. Since the jack is going and I am not going to pay to have it repaired there are not much options. I know there are trade offs to going with bt but it might be less annoying for me and cheaper in the long run if I can get another few years out of this ipod.

4. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

BTW: which ipod has blue tooth? Touch?

Yeah I see you point on that one. If you fly a bit each year might want to go whole hog and get one with noise cancellation too then.