1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

board recomendation ( special circumstances)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by thorilan, 19 Sep 2003.

1. thorilan

thorilan What's a Dremel?

hello everyone
    i have a gigabyte dx7 rev3 board ( old ) at home and its having trouble i think dealing with the proc (amd tbredb 2100) after i patched its bios so i was thinking of upgrading it

the kicker is i need a board roughly the same size and it has to deal with cls3 ram well.
    i also have a nf7-s rev2.0 that i hear wont play nice with most cls3 ram .

I DONT NEED AN UBER BOARD for the dx7 im replaceing . i need a stable board with good performance and ata100/133 for primary not sata ( this is why i wont get another matching nf7-s)

i was thinking i might try a nf7-M because of the onboard grafics and no sata but i dont know about the dimentions so i might just stick with a gigabyte board .

MY beast im building will use my nf7-s rev2.0

price is a little important to me too btw ( not terribly but a little)

ok here are some of the boards im thinking about
    The ASUS A7N8X-X

GA-7N400-L1

GA-7NNXP
    ( this one does not have mounting holes for a waterblock which means later on i mey not like this one)

2. DarkRain

DarkRain What's a Dremel?

I had no problem with CAS 3 ram on a NF7s Rev 2.0. I was running it for some time before my OCz ram arrived.

I was using Bios Version .18.

3. thorilan

what brand was your cas3 ram btw? i have 1 gig of 3200 crucial by micron which is very good for stable systems but for oc and high speeds it aint all that .

i would get another nf7s board but i dont want the sata and would rather have the m version for the ondoard grafics

4. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

Get an NF7-M then?

You can't really say you specifically don't want SATA, since it has PATA too and the SATA can just be switched off in the BIOS anyway.

5. thorilan

im avoiding the abit boards until i have tested my ram on cls3 with them to make sure it will work since some people have trouble with cls3 ram. if the nf7-s is good on the ram ill get the nf7-m