1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Body Moddin' 03

Discussion in 'General' started by :: kna ::, 19 Jul 2003.

1. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

Well, my beloved Tattooist is off to Spain in October, which means I'll have to find a local one in Bristol to ink me from now on. My yearly sojourn to sunny Falmouth is a place I can be scarred no longer.. unless a new one opens up I guess.

So for my final one in Falmouth, I was planning to get the mock-ups in this thread... then the night before I had a change of heart as I *really* wanted some kind of computer/technical tattoo.. so adter a trip down WH Smiths to buy some pens to design it, then took that over to Nigel the tattooist and I ended up with some big(ger than I was expecting) binary work:

[​IMG]

For those of you who don't want to look it up, it's 'c' in binary.. kna was just too many damn numbers for the size I wanted and the letter 'c' is very prevalent in my life.

Also, :: vic :: decided to go for hers and after a whopping 5 minutes tattooing ended up with cutie kittie:

[​IMG]

Now, my scabs are screaming at me to pick them, but I know I must resist. r0ar.

2. sik

sik Banned

01101001 01110100
    01101100 01101111 01101111 01101011 01110011
    01100110 01110101 01101110 01101110 01111001

...To say the least, I guess (ask if you can't be bothered working it out ;))

3. Supercool

Supercool Gone.

01110110 01100101 01110010 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101001 01100011 01100101 :thumb:

4. Byron C

Byron C Official Necromancer

Nope, can't be bothered to work it out, but I will say...

Oh dear... I really hope you don't get that tatooed! :D can you imagine explaining to people that it's "C" in binary? :p I'd feel like a total idiot :) But then again, it's not my body that's getting it done :D

5. :: kna ::

Uh, bit late for that.. that's it done!

6. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

Well that in my mind means you drew it yourself using a WHSmiths black marker. I don't know how that could mean that you went to the tatooist and got it done.

Anyway I would really hate to have that too. The 0s look like Os and the 1s look like burnt chips... oh well.

Anyway the kittie is really nice :p.

7. Byron C

Byron C Official Necromancer

*Reads first post...*

*Reads his post......*

*Reads first post again.......*

:duh:

Excuse me today; Hangover + sleeping late for work = not very coherent...

(slept in 2 hours late! :eeek: )

8. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

Looks good there Kna, a little bold for my tastes (would have gone with a slightly thinner lettering, but meh). May I ask why C is important to you ? Or is it a bit of a personal thing.

Vic's looks nice too (so ickley small :eeek: ), where'd she get that one ?

:thumb:

PS - Loving those carpets :rock:

9. ernie

ernie What's a Dremel?

i would like to just say that is pretty original, at least to me.
    cool :thumb:

10. RTT

RTT #parp

Vic, yours rocks :hip:

(equally cool, Kna :D)

11. :: kna ::

Ok, changed it to make it a bit more obvious.

The lettering is very mathematical, I wanted perfect circles and exact measurements, with bold thick lines. As I've been wanting a circle theme on my latest tattoos it wouldn't have worked with the zero's as '0's. Anyway as with binary's simpler state it's effectively ON and OFF, then a thick bar and a circle is also appropriate.

The chip effect is probably due to the angle the pic is taken at, the fact it traces the contours of my leg and also that the bandage was only off for about a minute before we took the pic, so it's all gooey.

Why the letter C? Aside from it being my initials, it's also been the inital of every company I've worked for, as well as things like computers, communications. I just can't shake of the letter C, so I figured if you can't beat it, join it.

You can see it a little more 'casually' in this pic which doesn't make it look as staged. Mmm, nice scabbing there... and fear my shaved leg.

[​IMG]

12. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

13. :: kna ::

[​IMG]

14. samuelellis

samuelellis What's a Dremel?

im the only person not to have a tatoo

my younger brother has a britsh bulldog head griining maniatically agianst a torn british flag on a propepr pole

my dad ahs a few on his arms (liek his mane, a the saint, you know the halo bloke & a few more) & a tatoo of a eagle on his leg

& my mum has a rose on her shoulder

me i have nothing as im a wimp

15. rK@NE

rK@NE Rover's gonna get it...

pick me...pick...pick...pick...:nono:

16. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I'm really tempted to get a tattoo, but I am worried about where (as in the tattoo place, not where on my body) to get it done and what to get.

17. Lithium

Lithium super spunk

Like it kna. Perfect part of the body to get it done too m8. I am gonna get another done pretty soon. It will be my daughters name (HANA) swithering where to get it done though...thinking across my shoulders or smaller on my chest on the left side at my heart. Can't decide what font too:rolleyes:

Last edited: 19 Jul 2003
  18. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

You could have just said above the left arse cheek ;)

19. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

Nice one

I need to get one done at some point... just haven't had the time to go down to New York city to get it done... too freaking busy with work these days :sigh:

20. Da_BaCoN

Da_BaCoN Minimodder

oh, i do. i ph43r it greatly. in fact, i just wet myself seven fold looking at it.........

maybe i should stop talking :blush: :lol:

hehe. anyways, its looks good. i'd like to get a tatoo also and i'm definitely gonna get something pc-related (if i can find something i like)

/me is into Da_BoDy_MoDdInG :thumb: (i had my lip pierced, but had to take it out when i got a job :waah: but i might get it redone next summer along with a tattoo)

Last edited: 20 Jul 2003