1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Body Modin' Part 2

Discussion in 'General' started by Da_BaCoN, 12 Mar 2003.

1. LoopyJuice

LoopyJuice Astronomical

Really? lol I didn't notice that :blush:

2. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

Have it pointing downwards (i.e. pincers on wrist). Maybe stretch it a little, but narrowing its width? Some contorted twisting hijinx would be nice too :idea:

Oh, yeah, more furniture pics please :D :clap:

3. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

The scorpion's tail would be cool if it wrapped around your arm a bit...

4. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

I like that idea too...

damn

all these choices...

5. Da_BaCoN

Da_BaCoN Minimodder

this topic is now three months old...... how the time flies.

but guess who's now got a hole in his face??

it's me!! :clap: :clap: :rock: :rock:

6. penski

penski BodMod

Where, what jewelery and what guage? :)

*n

7. Da_BaCoN

Da_BaCoN Minimodder

right now it's just a basic all silver ring right in the middle of my lower lip. it's a 14 gauge (i believe). i'm gona get it changed out in a few weeks for either this ring or this one.
    i like the style of the first ring, but like the ball in the second, so i might just combine the two. (i don't think they're the right size, but those are the styles i like :thumb:)

suprisingly, my lip hasn't swollen that much at all, and it's been pretty clean and little pain. (knock on wood)

*penski, i read that post about tongue-splitting (and replied) and you seem to also be in the great world of body-modding :thumb:

8. penski

penski BodMod

You mean a few months don't you? Don't change jewelery out until it's fully healed :)
    Contact the person selling the first ring and ask them whether or not they'll do it in 14g (you'll need to know the ring diameter too)
    Just make sure you're soaking it twice daily with sea salt soaks (level teaspoon of sea salt to a pint of warm water), not touching it with unwashed hands (done with antibac soap preferably) and not using anything else on it...no matter what the piercer said, sea salt soaks are generally accepted as the best thing for new piercings :) natural, non-harsh (in this strength anyway) and non-irritating...plus warm soaks feel so damn nice ;)

*n

9. Da_BaCoN

Da_BaCoN Minimodder

weeks, months, whatever. :lol: (actually, i think the guy said i could come back in a few weeks to get it changed??)

about the sea salts - i was lookin up aftercare on it and one place said to use non-iodized salt? is that what sea salt is?

and the size - the guy said he put a ring on me that's kinda big (because of the swellingthat would occur) so i may be able to get away with a smaller diameter ring, right? (though i think the swelling's almost gone and the ring still doesn't look TOO terribly big - i'll probably go ask at a store here before i order one online)

10. penski

penski BodMod

Be careful about materials. You most likely got pierced with 316L stainless steel. Which although 'good quality', does still contain a percentage of nickle...Which is quite a common allergen.

You being in America, 316L is very common. There are EU laws going through over here banning or restricting it's use and any reputable piercer pierces with titanium or occasionally niobium anyway :)

'Coloured' rings and such can prove to be very tricky to people with allergies and the colour will wear off over time (time dependant on the quality of the jewelery and the process used to colourise it [ionisation i htink :/] ) even more so in an oral piercing.

*n

11. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I have thought about getting a tattoo of something or other, quite like the idea of my name in the international barcode font or something on my shoulder, but I would have to stop giving blood for a year if I did and as my blood is specially requested for premature babies I would quite like to continue.

12. penski

penski BodMod

A year? I thought it was six months :/

I don't give blood so it doesn't matter.

*n

13. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

LOL, a friend of a friend of mine has his gum/lip pierced. He's got a few (eyebrow etc) but recently got it done inside his mouth I think through the inside of his lip or it might be that bit that joins your gum to your lip in the middle top of your mouth. I'm not entiely sure but it looks really cool :)

He's got a little silver ring with a ball on it which dangles in front of his teeth :p

PS. It's my 1337th post :clap: :thumb:

14. Da_BaCoN

Da_BaCoN Minimodder

his gums pierced?? i think you're talking about a stud/labret - does it just have a ball on the outside of the lip? i never heard of a piercing going through your gums! :eeek: :jawdrop: :confused:

15. penski

penski BodMod

It's not a gum piercing.

It's a 'smiley' piercing (because it shows when you smile) and it's getting rather popular amongst women over here.

Where your top lip meets your gum there's a flap of skin - the upper lip frenulum.

This can be pierced.

*n

16. Fly

Not sure if I ever posted the outcome of the "design me a tat" thread.. but here it is:

[​IMG]

Didn't hurt at all, I actually fell asleep while he was doing it.

17. Soulfly22583

Soulfly22583 What's a Dremel?

nice ink bud.... how big is it on your arm?

18. Fly

7 inches long... i'll show full pic later

19. Feline

Feline What's a Dremel?

Used to have my lip pierced. It was hard to put the ring back in after I'd take it out to clean it, even for just a few minutes. After about a year of that, I got sick of it and just left it out. It does look cool though, although I do have a scar from it.

20. penski

penski BodMod

You do realise that you're not supposed to remove piercings to clean them, don't you?

The only time a piercing should be removed is when you change jewelery.

We need a 'Doh!' smiley ;)

*n