1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Body Modin' Part 2

Discussion in 'General' started by Da_BaCoN, 12 Mar 2003.

1. MaplinMan

MaplinMan What's a Dremel?

i think the danger is less to do with getting pierced and more to do with living life as someone stupid enough to stretch out their earlobes to look 'cool' (no offense to anyone)

also henchman, i also would like to know who your girlfriend is, please email me her details along with a recent photo and scans of 2 utility bills please.

i have to go now the elves need feeding. im sorry if im not being sarcastic enough its because i ran out of milk yesterday. hello? is this thing on?

2. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

that has to be the most mis-used phrase in the english language. it ranks alongside "i'm not racist, but..." in my head.

oh yeah +1 request for pics of henchmans ladyfriend (unless penski's pronoun game was used for the right reason :worried: don't need to see that tbh)

yup, sarcasm really is lost in written word...

3. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

You crack me up amir, I don't know how you walk the streets without upsetting everyone you meet...

:D

4. MaplinMan

hey dont you think its a bit wierd to ask for details of somebodys girlfriend on the net...

then again its probably a lot wierder to lie about what your 'other half' does lol

and henchman when u say nose do u mean bullring, cos i dont like those, but i think its well sexy when a girl has her nose pierced like on the side (i duno the name of it) but theres no ligament there is there? so is that safe?

5. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

Are you hitting on my ex? :naughty:

6. oink1

oink1 What's a Dremel?

6mm PA here - fiik what that is in the gauge scale... :D

7. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

4ga = 5.19mm

8. Theo

Theo What's a Dremel?

I just have my lobes at 9/16" now, been there for about 18 months (I think).. Just received a pair of silicone jobs from Kaos Softwear which are seriously comfortable.

Coming up to a year at Easter since my self-circumcision, which I removed my PA for. It was at 2ga, but I downsized it to 8ga in preparation for an Apadravya. Ended up leaving that idea to have the circumcision. When the circ had healed, none of the jewellery I had would fit into the PA and I never got around to getting it tapered and sorted. Still peeing out of 2 holes now 11 months later.

9. MaplinMan

that made absolutely NO sense to me :worried:

and fly no im not hitting on your old bird hehe no matter what 'david' told me to do muahaha

10. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

Ermm i was lookin for this tattoo i saw ages ago, but i couldnt find it. Hopefully someone will know what site its on.

Basically, its a full back tattoo, and its made to look like skins been ripped off in parts and is exposing the spine and ribs etc.

Just spent 2 hours lookin for it, cause I wanna base one on it for me when I get older.

11. MaplinMan

if youre planning on having circuitboards and stuff inside instead of guts like on the other one then im way ahead of you :D

but yeh ive seen that photo before on one of those funny photos websites

12. DreamTheEndless

DreamTheEndless Gravity hates Bacon

Just curious - biggest gauge in nipples?

I'm at sixes just recently. I only stayed at 8g for 3 weeks before putting in the 6g rings. Hurt. Alot.

(this says that 6 gauge is 4.11mm)

13. penski

penski BodMod

Leave your nips longer between streches - you'll only cause yourself more harm in the long run otherwise.

Your nips need time to heal between streches - 6-8 weeks minimum.

*n

PS: My piercer has 00ga nips ;)

14. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

ok, along similar lines, what's the thinnest gauge jewelery available in the uk? i'm pretty sure that a girl i used to work with had <0.5mm diameter bars in her brow (three parallel vertical ones, on the outer edge of her right brow, very sexy :D). They looked more like pins than anything, but with proper threaded on spikes at the ends, looked very nice, and very subtle.

i know you're thinking along the lines of 'omg cheesewire!' but depending on where you have that kind of jewelery it doesn't matter so much (though i'd prefer a 5mm pa than a 0.5mm pa :worried:)

15. scotty6435

scotty6435 What's a Dremel?

Going back to the stroke from piercing issue for a sec, if she had diagnosed MVP she would have known she needed antibiotics before ANY procedure that breaks the skin. If she didn't then there was nothing done wrong and nothing they could have done. MVP is pretty common (I perform echocardiograms and see them every day) but the risks to most people are minimal. This was either a mistake on her part or just one of those things that happens, piercings are relatively safe because sterile conditions (should) be used and they're generally far away from significant sources of bloodflow.

16. Mary Jo

Mary Jo oh lolz

I like lip peircings. Used to have one, but it was bugging me so I took it out. Even if you want to wear it with a ring, make sure you heal it with a labret-style barbell otherwise it may very well migrate when your lip swells.

Personally, I prefer those to rings anyway, but hey... whatever floats your boat.

Yep, good point. Try to find yourself a dog to lick your lip afterwards. ...Everyone does it. :D

17. DreamTheEndless

I just went back down to 8s. Friday night a friend pulled pretty hard on the one that hurt the most so I took them both out. I accidently didn't have any jewelry in all day saturday and had to use a taper to get the 8s back in. :(

18. penski

penski BodMod

The smallest in common use is 1.2mm shafts with 1.5mm balls. Tiny. I have a 1.2mm curved barbell in my upper labial frenulum with 2mm balls. I keep forgetting it's there. Hell, when you press on my upper lip, it can't be felt.

True. Although eyebrow piercings are one of the trickiest piercings for rejection - depending on the shape of the area and the location of the piercing, it could require anything from a straight barbell to a curved barbell or even a J-bar or full surface bar...

Anything below 2.4mm on a PA is dangerous in my opinion.

*n

19. DreamTheEndless

I've seen 18g jewelry in some shops here in the US. That's 1.024mm according to the website I linked earlier.

I'm still afraid of the PA - DON'T WANT ONE NO NO NO NO NO :waah:

(sorry - even the idea scares me.)

20. penski

penski BodMod

The woman had undiagnosed MVP which is one of those unfortunate things but I think the knee-jerk reaction which she has pushed and which has been embraced by the press is just wrong.

My piercer is cleaner than any doctor, dentist or nurse I have seen outside of surgery. He has wholly sterile fields, changes gloves after everything and has all his instruments either from sterile packs from manufacturer (in the case of disposable items) or passed through an ultrasonic cycle before being placed in a vacuum autoclave and being sterile-bagged (clamps, jewellery et cetera).

I've been to see nurses who have drawn blood from me with nothing but a quick wipe-down of the area with a cotton swab, I have never seen a nurse wear gloves in such a situation and I have actually refused to let a nurse take blood from me on two occasions (both picked up the needle by the blade without gloves then proceeded to place their index finger over the connector...)

*n