This might have been tried before but maybe this is different enough for a new post. I am transfering this from another forum so its all in one go instead of multi posts. Looking at the core2 cpu and the way the 775 hold down works I thought it might be possible t bond a waterblock directly to the top of the cpu Here is my sketchup model with transparent on. I have milled an aluminium top made to fit on a the CPU which will fit through the Socket 775 hold down bracket. I am going to use magic metal adhesive to attach them together it is millable and drillable so should be tough enough and it can be used to repair boats and fuel tanks so coolant should not be a problem either. Here are some pictures. It took about 4 hours work milling. Block Top Block underside With Fittings press fit on Core2 CPU. I need a flat end tap to get the fittings bottomed down I am sourcing a cheap cpu for first tests, not going to try on my £160 E8400 I got the aluminium bar in a 1 meter length so plenty to go at. Mk 2 Waiting for a plug tap to make the Mk1 usable, so I have done a Mk2 version with the holes closer together, pics below Mk1 and Mk2 together. closer holes Underside with Fittings Got a £15 core2 cpu from ebay to use as pressure test rig, but im gonna wait for the plug tap and use the Mk1 so if it works the Mk2 goes on my Q6600. Mobo has arrived Foxconn946GZ7MA gonna be my Home server after MS fix the problems. So here are pics of block in position not glued yet, and no presure on the hold down. fitted through the back of the hold down fine. Just need to ease the back corners slightly to give some wriggle room. So, just need to deepen the thread on my MK1 and im good to go for preasure test. Might just drill the hole down slightly see if i can leave some edge, I only need 2 or 3 mm more. Well, its stuck on. Think I used a bit much hardner cos it didnt half set fast but seems to be on and air/water tight. Got the fittings on and used an old pump in a small loop just to test for preasure leaks. Plumbed in block no leaks while sitting the loop, should do to test for leaks. Need to dig out my variable PSU then I will power the sucker up. Fingers crossed. Its running no problems so far gonna leave it going over night in the shed psu drawing some juice. I squeezed the exit pipe a few times to increase the presure and no probs. ** Well that's 5 hours and no leaks, gonna check again in the morning ** Was looking good was fine after 14hrs on bench then fitted in mobo. water, water everywhere. Think the hold down flexed the block away from the CPU prised it off with a penknife, the adhesive is more like a clay paste than a metal so I think it was the excessive amount of hardner. going to try and get some new J-B weld and try again.