1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other BOOBS! (and now I have your attention...)

Discussion in 'General' started by Voluntary_Pariah, 24 Oct 2009.

1. Voluntary_Pariah

Voluntary_Pariah a Real Man™

I need some help, so I have turned to the Grey Faceless Mass of the Internet.

In a few weeks, it will have been a year since I found a girl foolish enough to agree to date me. After chatting about it, we have decided that we would like to spend that weekend in London, going round the British Museum and a few art galleries. The only problem is that hotels in London are amazingly expensive and we are both on a student budget.

Can anyone suggest a place in London which won’t want to rape our wallets?

At the moment, we are thinking about a place called the “Fox and Anchor” but if anyone has any other suggestions, please feel free to put them forward

Thanking you in advance

2. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Hmmm, not sure on the prices, but, maybe a Travelodge? Yeah, load of crap, but you're only sleeping there really.

3. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Second a Travelodge or Premier Inn or something like that. You'll get better prices if you stay in one of the suburbs and catch a tube or train into the centre.

Depending on where you're coming from makes a difference as to which suburb I'd suggest, but the cost of a cheap hotel + zone 4-6 weekend travelcard will be much cheaper than staying anywhere in the centre of town.

4. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Ahhh, so this is about boobies :rock:

I don't know london, but something like a travelodge sounds like it would be ok since you two are students... no garantee of boobies however :miffed: The Fox and anchor looks nice however, you'd definitely be getting lots of boobies if you take her there :naughty:

5. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Well, that was a let down. I was expecting boobs, as I suspect were many others.

As for places to stay, have a look here.

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Ask and ye shall recieve.....

[​IMG]

7. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

Did you ever know that you're my hero, Mankz?

8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Another vote for Travellodge or something similar. Cheap(ish), and since you're only "sleeping" there, shouldn't be too horrible.

That place you linked is probably nice, but I couldn't think anything other than "Pete drinks out of one of those" about the picture of the glass bottomed tankards, and well.. That got me onto the Hobgoblin.. And then I ceased to be of use.

9. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Have you had a look on lastminute.com? Iirc they have a mystery room finder that tells you some info about the place, but not which hotel it is, but they give you cheap rooms.

10. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

I quite like it at the Mad Hatter near London Bridge - part of the Fullers chain IIRC and prices didn't seem too bad at the time. Might be worth a look. (I went in January)

I'll supply you with a link in the morning if I think of it - just got back from the pub so am a bit *ahem* intoxicated.

11. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

There's a hotel over the road from Kings Cross that does double rooms for £21pppn, I was going to use it next week, for a gig I was off to with a friend but turns out I can't go

Btw, just to clarify, I'm on a homeless bum's budget, so I've looked into it majorly :p

12. RTT

RTT #parp

Did anyone else skim read that as:

:duh:

13. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Ok, no more /b/ for you!

14. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

Any of the chain hotels around King's Cross/Euson will do, plus they're within 10mins walking distance of the british museum and british library. Takes about an hour to walk to the natural history museum/science museum/v&a as well.

15. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

where ever you do end up going, phone up and haggle your arse off. Most places will either discount you or give you a suite for standard pricing; no hotels can get enough residents these days.

16. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

just look on laterooms. You'll often get some nice 4/5 star place with brekki at the last minute for less than the price of a travel lodge room

17. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

go on hotdeals and they have a thread that tell you where all the mystery rooms are each week.

we got the hilton for £40 a night :)

18. TempGong

TempGong What's a Dremel?

19. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Last time I was in London was in 2005, dream theater were doing a double date at the hammersmith apollo. Me and my mate found a nice b&b not too far away for £100, twin room 2 nights. Not the most extravagant of places but most of the time you'll be out seeing the sights. Think the name was the royal guesthouse or something? There were plenty of other places down there though.

20. Voluntary_Pariah

Voluntary_Pariah a Real Man™

Thanks to all who took the time to add their thoughts. Except RTT. that was just weird......

And thanks to Mankz for lowering the tone as only he can :thumb:

After much googlefu, we have decided that although the FaA would be an amazing place to stay, it would just be too expensive. Therefore we have decided to blow all of the money on a meal instead and just find a small B&B somewhere.

So, any really good resutrants in London ;)

4.54billionyears likes this.