1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Books you are currently reading?

Discussion in 'General' started by Weekly_Estimate, 7 Nov 2010.

1. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

Mine too. That and Deception Point are pretty enjoyable. It's just a shame that Angels and Demons and The Da Vinci Code decided to pretty much read like the same plot, with different blanks.

2. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Indeed, although I did enjoy Angels and Demons (read it before The Da Vinci Code, which I thought was quite easily his weakest book)
    Need to read Deception point again actually now you mention it.

3. niro

niro What's a Dremel?

Been trying to read about 30mins - hour a day since my kindle arrive, and am finally nearing the end of first book of wheel of time series (also read 1 manga chapter of GTO lol).

I read the first 6 years ago, and decided I would start again, and now I remember why I loved the wheel of time books. First book is great for setting the story, similarities to Fellowship of the Ring. Now I cant wait to get home to finish it off and get started on the 2nd book.

4. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Currently reading the Bob Lee / Earl Swagger novels by Stephen Hunter (1st of which was made into the movie 'Shooter' with Mark Whalberg).

Between books, I keep going back to the two series by Jim Butcher, The Dresden Chronicles and The Codex Of Alera series. Thoroughly enjoyedthe Codex series, though I still say the ending was a little rushed and confusing.

Looking to get the Spellsong and Recluce series by L.E Modessit Jr, both of which I read going into my teens, though having read those and liking them, I might just buy some of his other series aswell.

5. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

All the Foundation series in order. Asimov.

6. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

I'm currently reading Metro 2033, it's actually quite different from the game...

For instance
    Artyom doesn't even fire a round until about 3/8 of the way through...

7. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

Im stuck on Grapes of Wrath. I just can't seem to get past the third chapter. I finished East of Eden just before that and absolutely loved that book so I don't know why this one is so hard.

8. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Steinbeck can be a difficult read. Especially for those who are not historically bonded to the US. Much of his writing is directly aimed at causing emotions in Americans. Plod on, he is a great author.

john

9. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder

curremtly reading gardens of the moon by steven erikson.

10. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Slash's bio.

11. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Recently finished the painted man, very good intro to the series looking forward to reading the rest

12. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Great read.

13. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy (still)
    and Getting Things Done (finally)

14. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Lol.

Relativity: The Special and the General Theory Second Edition - Will soon start reading this, so, I am putting it up now as about half way through I estimate my brain to dribble out of my ears and nose as it turns to mush.

15. TSDAdam

TSDAdam Beard!

A bit of Clancy action for me lately, The Hunt For Red October. Awesome.

16. Puk

Puk (A shrewd and knavish sprite)

I'm halfway through Patrick O'Brians Master and Commander, have the next three in the series lined up, think there's 21 in total! Just done the Wilbur Smith Ballentine novels. Bloody good reading!

17. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gun_Seller

The Gun Seller by Hugh Laurie. Great book so far, and is even better if like me you have Hugh Laurie's voice reading it to you in your head! :p

(Although thanks to House he has an American accent...)

18. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

I'm actually reading Harry Potter at the moment... I think it's the Order of the Phoenix at the moment. Hardly intellectually demanding, but enjoyable enough.

10 years ago I was too old to be seen with reading kids books, but now I'm sufficiently old that I don't care.

19. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

I'd just like to say that so far, The Wise Man's Fear is brilliant. Kvothe is a great character, but he's beeing overshadowed at the moment by Master Elodin - The guy is awsome. Nutty than nutty thing, but awesome all the same. :)

20. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Meh... I don't care what age you are, really (Unless ofc, ur reading preteen books and your over 20)

I do tend to read a lot of manga / manwha, pretty much down to one series every week or two.
    Just finished The Breaker (manwha) season one, and it was pretty good. Currently up to date with season 2.
    Just started actively reading Susuka (again.. have also watched the anime) and have about 20-30 other series on backburners (I'll read a chapter here and there)