1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Boom Blox

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 29 May 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2008/05/29/boom-blox/1

One of three games being produced by a partnership between EA and Steven Spielberg, Boom Blox is one of the most addictive and accessible games for the Wii we've ever played. But can this Jenga-like puzzle game appeal to all audiences, or just the casual market?

:idea:

2. JonDixon

JonDixon Decking is the new modding

Boom blox is awesome as a family game. I have two kids 4 and 6 and both have got the hang of the easy and intuitive controls, and they have really enjoyed the puzzles.

What has been interesting has been seeing how they approached the puzzles. First started out aiming at any block, but I think as a game its providing skills in spacial awareness as after a while they have started rotating round the puzzle looking for more opportune blocks to hit.

Ive started playing the single player and Ive enjoyed solving each of the puzzles some have been really easy but others have taken several attempts to get the gold.

This is one of the best games on the Wii, it accomodates all ages especially younger players to be able to join in but has enough depth for hardened gamers to provide that just one more go feel.

3. Leitchy

Leitchy Member

For the Adults amongst us with friends over, it sure makes a great drinking game!

4. StephenK

StephenK Sneak 'em Upper

Looks like fun. I think my partner and I shall enjoy this very much, although she'll beat me every time no doubt :)

5. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Active Member

6. christoefar

christoefar New Member

It was my little sisters birthday yesterday, got her his. I will be honest, I quite like the game, not sure how long for mind!

7. dslickness

dslickness New Member

"Lots of swear words were uttered before we eventually got a gold medal. "

LOL this made my day, now I must go and try this game!

8. g_sanke

g_sanke I PREGUNTA!

9. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

i remember reading about this in a magazine a short time ago.. it looked neat then, and it looks neat now. thanks for the review, folks!

Tags: Add Tags