1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Boomstick Culture

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by akpoly, 13 Aug 2008.

1. zabe

zabe Perfect in my imperfection

Also what I do in the end, but STILL it looks weird. Surely I'm doing something wrong in the conversion process, or maybe I just think the result should be better than what it's really possible?

2. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I hope you know that she wasn't about to shoot because the action is open

I geuss "there are a lot of tiny details in both pictures that can be easily overlooked"

3. akpoly

akpoly What's a Dremel?

haha yup, explained in #14

4. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Oo ok I almost never read past the 5th post :hehe:

The shell in mid air pic would have been cool

5. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

EDIT: The first processing was the best, all the others look over processed and muddy.

EDIT2 - decided against being nice: It's always awkward commenting here, since I'm fairly direct. But I have to ask: you know the girl. you had the time. you had plenty of shells. Why did you take a snapshot? Why didn't you wait until the guy was done? or ask him to move? or take a few and catch the casing in the air? Why did you settle for a snapshot instead of taking the time to make a great image? I want to like this, I really do. But the guy and his mess of wires ruins the whole thing. If you had waited and did it right, all you would have had to do is clone out the speakers, wires, and the shadow by her knee. It would have been a great image.

This is how it should have looked:
    [​IMG]

Saturday morning, in bed, on a laptop in 10 min. But 90% of this could have been done in camera with a little attention to detail.

Last edited: 16 Aug 2008
  6. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

I thought the shot could get away with it with the dude being there and stuff, but after seeing that edit, I agree entirely with JJ about the details and his edited shot just looks spot on how it should've been done.

7. Akava

Akava Lurking...

Really nice pic, again I thought the guy being in there wasn't a big deal, but after he was removed I can see a big improvement.

I think the only real thing that detracts from the overall feel for me now is her choice of foot wear, I can't help but think that some boots would have fitted the scene much better.

Otherwise, awesome shoot, good job.

8. akpoly

akpoly What's a Dremel?

That is extremely fair to say JJ. It wasn't a planned shot.

Truthfully, I wasn't thinking of taking any pictures since I had my own clays to worry about shooting at the same time. We had them shoot 3 in succession, one for her, two for me. So my hands were busy with being trigger happy on something other than my camera.

But I'll see what I get out of the Japanese cultural festivities this weekend.

Tags: