1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Borderlands 2 review-bombing triggers Steam protections

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 8 Apr 2019.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

You only found this out... recently??

I'm not a big achievement hunter, but I am more likely to get a game on a platform that has achievements. I blame the fact that my parents only ever pointed out what I did wrong and "well you should be doing it like that" whenever I did something right for my constant need to get little shiny badges for doing things!

I do appreciate well thought out achievements though. Some are clearly just there to try and get you to play more of a game that's a bit lacking. Whereas some games I want to keep playing but I've done everything in-game, so then I'll go through the achievements.

2. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

"Go pick up all the worthless collectables that we've scattered across this huge open world map" has to be the worst one in that regard.

Hex likes this.
  3. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Within the last year, I'd say. I knew there were these weird things, but I didn't think anybody cared at all.

Then again, I stopped playing CS before GO was published. And since then I never looked at Steam for anything but launching games.

4. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

Looks like they are doing it with the blessings of the devs - https://www.reddit.com/r/spaceengin...ace_engineers_devs_flagging_negative_reviews/

5. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I mean Ubisoft have made a business out of games that just do that, so I guess some people like it :hehe:

6. Broadwater06

Broadwater06 Minimodder

I had two perfect games achievement: South Park: The Stick of Truth and This War of Mine and then went down to one perfect game because of a new DLC for This War of Mine, so if you want to go back to the perfect game achievement again buy the DLC.

7. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I have a few on PS4 more out of 99% chance and just playing rather than doing them for a reason.

Oh I think I got Skyrim 100% on Steam but again that was mainly through playing. SSE not a chance though, that got heavily modded and I wasn't going to add an extra mod for achievements.

8. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I legit didn't play The Stanley Parable for five whole years just so I could get the "Go Outside" achievement legitimately, rather than cheating by adjusting my system clock like everyone else.

Still to do: the one where you have to play the game for the entirety of a Tuesday...

Hex likes this.
  9. Neish

Neish What's a Dremel?

30 badges here, they are useless..or i have no idea what to do.

[Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/sYQKaho.jpg)

10. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

14 years....

[​IMG]

11. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I was big into FO3 cheevos. Annoying thing was I played it first on GFWL meaning I had to redo everything.

Tags: Add Tags