1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics borked my x1900

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by needmorstuff, 22 Jul 2006.

1. needmorstuff

needmorstuff What's a Dremel?

does anyone have any contacts that do iddy biddy soldering and repair of cards?

knocked at least 3 of the tiny resistors off of the back of the card - maybe more :(

2. ỒĊBłůē

ỒĊBłůē Also available in black

I'm assuming that if you already knew a friend/family member/workmate that could do it, you wouldn't be asking here. That said, I'd still suggest that a professional service would be your best bet; maybe your local Tandy/TV repair shop might be able to help.

If you're still willing to entrust a relative stranger with your formerly expensive ex-hardware, the following might help -

How it got damaged.

Pics of card, e.g. the components and their original locations.

Limitations of responsibility - your card is already borked, are you going to hold anyone that attempts to fix it responsible if they can't fix it/damage it further?

Hope you get it fixed.

3. Fr4nk

Fr4nk Tyrannosaurus Alan !

Add persivore to your MSN he'll probably be able to fix it :).

/Waits for Highland3r to reccomend him too :p

gah, I wish I knew him earlier my self, I had a borked X800 GTO which I would of liked to of kept, ah well...

Last edited: 23 Jul 2006
  4. needmorstuff

fr4nk - now that is the kind of recomendation i was looking for. Just going to read my daughter a bedtime story then I'll see if he's about.. cheers.

5. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Still want another recomendation for Persivore?
    Not gonna blow his horn, but theres probably no one better (that I've found) in the UK for fixing this sorta thing...

6. needmorstuff

pm'd hime :) he is a top bloke from my initial impressions. He's your brother isn't he? must be nice to have a genious in the family... not that I am saying you aren't

7. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Yea, he's very handy to have about... If stuff's fixable he usually works out a way

8. needmorstuff

looking good! persivore has had card 3d looping today :) - i knocked 15 - yes 15 caps off of it!

9. needmorstuff

good news - final word is in the card is 100% fine. persivore has had 3d looping for 8 hours and not a hitch. Unbelievable! he must have some kind of shrink machine where he shrinks himself and his equipment down by 20x and does the work.

have a pint on me m8!

10. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

I'll buy him a pint for you mate ;)

Tags: