1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Bombing

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Blazza181, 15 Apr 2013.

1. moose67

moose67 Minimodder

It wouldn't surprise me if it was a False Flag Operation. We all know how the Americans like to use this old Nazi tactic, and it's a great way to bring them one step closer their goals!

2. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Really? That conspiracy theory bullcrap is getting old. So was 911 a false flag operation? Nope. All Al Qaeda.
    Seriously, The US is so linked up, wired up by the internet, TV, etc that the Gov't would be found out in no time. Only reason for thinking that is getting stuck in denial IMHO.

And honestly comparing my country in any way to the nazi regime...... I'd better stop now; before I tear the troll a new one...

Last edited: 17 Apr 2013
    Risky likes this.
  3. moose67

moose67 Minimodder

Yep that old crap again. I think the bigger fools are the ones that swallow everything that they are fed by their governments.

You live in your world, I will live in mine.

4. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

I dropped onto the Boston police radio station ( freely broadcast over the internet ) and the confusion in their voices was rather concerning, at one point they were dealing with 5 'suspicious packages including a delivery truck, ( a lot of people simply dropped what they had and ran, then there was a lot of personal possessions that the runners were going to pick up at the finish line etc etc etc

I think the volunteers should be applauded for their efforts in the immediate aftermath, the footage shows then running in to help those worst affected, without any concern for their own safety if there had been any more blasts, they likely helped save several lives, I just hope that they catch the guy / group responsible for the appalling act, and bring him to swift justice

5. siliconfanatic

Yep. Just go back to your padded room and leave the serious section alone. Like, as in forever.:nono: Or until the day you finally decide to live in reality.

@lilgoth: well said.

6. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Rather than just lambaste you for suggesting that the US government purposefully set off 2 bombs at the finish line of the Boston Marathon, I'm going to challenge you. This is the Internet after all, so you should have no problem offering credible evidence to support your claim.

Go ahead. I'm waiting to hear what evidence you have to back up your claim regarding this specific event.

siliconfanatic likes this.
  7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

With respect to them though, no one is ever trained for this kind of thing. It requires immediate decision making and little time to process what's going on. There's just too much information and panic to do the right thing because so much is lived in hindsight these days :/

8. siliconfanatic

Indeed. The only time one can really expect clear results is well after the incident. If the victims are panicked then all hell breaks loose. Once people have cooled down a little, the numbers are counted, and the cops have had a chance to really get down to the nit-and-grit, THEN we'll get clear-cut answers.

9. Bufo802

Bufo802 Minimodder

It's not really surprising that quite a few other things were suspected of being bombs, people will have dropped bags all over the place when running away from the explosions and immediately afterwards anything even slightly suspicious would be suspected - the safest way of then making sure it's safe by eod is to blow it up. Now looks like there were only two devices,

Similarly with casualty numbers initially the focus would have been on treatment and getting everyone to a hospital, the counting can be done later and I'm sure many more minor injuries weren't dealt with immediately so it will take a while for there to be an accurate count. None of this is helped by 24 hour news which has to find new information to fill space, so the moment they hear of anything possibly connected it will be reported and maybe misinterpreted.

Given the route was swept for devices before the race it seems someone must have placed them during the race so hopefully with so many people taking videos/photos both before and after there will be some useful information about. Don't think any conclusions can really be drawn over who did it and why yet, anyone can look at the various websites to find out how to make the apparently home made bombs that were used (seems to be pressure cookers + black powder of some form + shrapnel). Unlike some previous things though whoever did it has done it without risking themselves and not claiming responsibility or anything like that - could be done by an individual/small group with any sort of twisted reasoning.

10. Risky

Risky Modder

The forum is called "Serious". Perhaps you can find one on another board marked "Silly"? Any to any other conspiracy nuts:

How on earth do you really think a government is capable of organising there massive deceptions and keeping them secret when they are generally incapable of keeping anthing secret or for than matter organising anything that well?

11. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

You are bringing logic on table when talking about conspiracy theories ? Blasphemer :D.

Well, for North Korea's sake let's hope it was not a North Korean action - making USA and China angry at same time would be a bad idea :
    http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...ston-blasts/ka4NZWtOpEsEY3R4wbTPVK/story.html

12. siliconfanatic

Risky:Shhh! Don't give the troll bait! :worried:

@bufo: precisely. Was thinking along to same lines but I can't seem to form more than one coherent thought in a row right now; Huge essay for English fried my brain.

Fauz: NK ain't that discreet. They're probably more than happy using the old Russian tactic of pushing their luck until they manage to piss someone off, backing up and pushing somewhere else. That way they're technically safe. Any actively hostile actions towards us and they very well know they're boned.

13. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

I actually saw an apparently leaked US government document 2-3 months ago saying they would be staging another false flag operation. So for me there is definitely suspicion surrounding the US government on this one. Also if you look at some of the disturbing things the US government have done in the past to there own general public let alone the public from other countries then it seems entirely unsurprising that they would be behind the Boston bombings.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

14. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

And someone else probably saw an unicorn flying. "apparently leaked US government document" :rolleyes:

It is more likely that some right wing pro-gun nutjob decided to make a statement that they should never take his guns (= protest against the background checking laws for gun owners).

15. MonkeyTurnip

MonkeyTurnip What's a Dremel?

the thing i find more worriying is the lack of ownership of the bombings by an organisation, or at least some intelligent/informed finger pointing.

Because of this i personally thing you can rule out Al Queda, etc as they would want to the world to know they did this. and the same for other organised factions.

the only way i can see it being one of the terror factions, is if it was done in the name of... IE some nutter wanting to be in Al Queda, but has no connection at all. but then again there would have been some form of communication from that person to say its in the name of.

This to me makes me believe its a home grown threat, much like the school shootings, or previous bombings. its a political statement by 1 or 2 people, no large organisation, and that possibly one of the casulties or deaths was the person(s) responsible. its been 2 days now and nothing.

16. siliconfanatic

Dave: Really? You actually fell for that. Apparantley leaked document? News flash: It would've been deleted well before anyone read it and the one who leaked it compensated, or exported, or would *up* and disappear. If it were about something the gov't doesn't want you to know, you would not know it. Simple as that. Either that or they shut yer flapper by any means.

Monkey: This isn't really Al Qaeda's style. They would aim to kill, not severely maim or injure. So you're pretty much spot-on on thinking it's a homebrew nutjob. Not many other options out there.

17. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

How is this different from the thousands of people that die every day from preventable stuff and why is this getting all of this media attention?

18. Risky

Risky Modder

Ture enough, just you don't know what flavour of nut-job. We have Al-Q inspired nutters and paranoid isolationist nutters and occasionally some nutters that you might not even be able to imagine.

19. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I guess it's more mediapathic than the regular bombings people have been suffering in Iraq on a monthly basis since we brought peace and democracy to that country.

20. Risky

Risky Modder

Well those are actually are done by Al Queda.