1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Equipment Bought a Canon G9

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Major, 21 Mar 2008.

1. Major

Major Guest

Well I popped down to Argos and got the last one at £289.99 with a £10 voucher, thought it was quite a good price considering it's retail.

Not had much of a go, so can't really comment on it, and I haven't got a SD card yet, so I'm using the 32mb one supplied, which holds a stupid 5 pictures at top jpeg quality. Need to find my 2gb somewhere, but I'm ordering 2 4GB SD's for Monday anyway.

Took a few shots, played around with the settings, one problem I can see in very low light is the noise, but that's well known on the G9, the real results will come alive tomorrow I guess. ;)

2. coorz

coorz Miffed

Well depends on your expectations; do you shoot dSLR? If no then it's a fine camera (i have it too). Shoot RAW and you'll have more control of the noise afterwards.

3. Major

Major Guest

No I don't, I'm quite new to photography again as I haven't done it for a fair few years.

Been out today with the family and got a few great pics, sun was shining etc. Again it's the second day with the camera so I'm getting used to what it can handle and what it can't.

Macro seems pretty decent, and I'm liking the focus control on the G9 also. IS isn't great (have the feeling Im not using it props), but sometimes some images which should of been fantastic, are a little blury. But I think that's just me, heh.

I have Photoshop Elements so using that atm, others have suggested NoiseNinja? What else do you recommend?

Also one last problem with the RAW, today when I transfered some pics across, half of the raw files had a very strong blue tint, but the jpegs of the same file didn't.... :( Any ideas?

TIA.

4. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Your computer is probably defaulting to using a tungsten white balance on the RAW files for some reason.

5. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

The camera's RAW files should have all of your white balances. In digital camera's its a in camera adjustment, when shot in RAW it lets you choose the white balance to use after the shot is taken. Be sure you are using the canon software or photoshop to 'open' the raw files. All the options are there in either program.

:)

Tags: