Bought a GTX 1060 3GB on Ebay, hr later cancelled order

Discussion in 'SCAN Computers - Pre Sales Support' started by supermuchurios, 20 Feb 2018.

1. supermuchurios

supermuchurios Well-Known Member

27 Dec 2013
    Also left me positive feedback, said the order had been picked then they cancelled it.

Ebuyer/Overclockers from now on.
  2. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude Flying Dutchman

23 Aug 2013
    That’s daft... I guess they realised that they could charge more elsewhere, or from the start.
  3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

30 Aug 2015
    Avoid Ebuyer like the clap. If you want pro service and pro customer support (from knowledgable, personable staff) stick to OCUK. Anything else? Amazon. They won't understand technical stuff but at least they have a rock solid return system if all else fails.

I bought a £3500 computer (in parts, and that did not include the CPU !) from Ebuyer. They sent it with Yodel, in very thin cardboard boxes. Alas, two of them broke open and had "Repacked by Yodel" on them. When I opened them loads of things were missing. I phoned customer support, who really couldn't give a crap and treated me like I had spent £3.50. The next morning I went outside and noticed my tube of thermal paste lying on the pavement. I followed the trail, there was the other small bits missing.

But they are the most unsympathetic bunch of A-holes I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. In fact, their returns team was so lazy they basically said "We don't have that board in stock to replace so you are better off sending it back to MSI". I bet yeah, at £18.

Never again.
    TheMadDutchDude likes this.