1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bought Antec P180B, recieved P182?!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by korhojoa, 26 Apr 2007.

1. korhojoa

korhojoa durr

I'm now really really confused.
    The box says P180B, and has the pictures for the P180B.
    However, the case itself looks like a P182.
    It has the fanbus controls at the back, which i know the P180B doesn't have, and also, the interesting rubber holes at the back, for the w/c setups, are also present. These however, are not in the P180B version.
    WTF? :D
    Anyway, I'll post pictures tomorrow of the box and the case itself.
    I'm thinking, I got lucky here, but anyone else had something of the likes happen?

2. Tim S

Tim S OG

I think there was someone else suggesting this had happened before, but you're a lucky guy/gal -- the P182 has some good improvements and we think it's a fabulous case. :)

3. korhojoa

korhojoa durr

Hm. After a bit of googling, I found two threads that mention this:
    Here sitalchauhan compares the two cases, and shows the differences between the two. (hardforum)
    and also, these australians have figured out that apparently, many more people have been recieving P182 cases, as Antec would somehow be phasing out the old model, and just sending retailers the new one.
    Interesting.
    So, if you want a P182 cheap, you should probably buy a P180B now. :p

4. trig

trig god's little mistake

lucky bastage...after reading the review, seriously thinking of snaggin one myself

5. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

Antec have done slight mods on other cases before now without actually re-naming the model. Things like adding holes (on the SLK3000/3800) so you could bolt a fan on if you didn't want to use their plastic holder. Picture here. Maybe you've got a 180 Mark 2. Has it got all the cable management bits?

Actually there's only 6p difference in price here between 180B and 182B - £83.13 vs £83.07 and the 182B is the cheaper. ;) Pity they've neither in stock. :(

Found at SPCR

Last edited: 28 Apr 2007
  6. korhojoa

korhojoa durr

7. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Yeah, this has been happening all over the web. There've been tonnes of people on XS and SPCR that have been recieving 182's when ordering 180's. Newegg were the first retailer to do it, started shipping 182's as 180's a few weeks back. No retailers were admitting to it, which was rather odd considering they were shipping improved products, but ah well.

8. korhojoa

korhojoa durr

I'm not surprised that they don't want to admit to it, since they do get less money when people buy the older, cheaper model instead of the newer one. However, they might get more profit if people realized what's going on, and started buying the cheaper ones like crazy = ie, more profit overall, instead of having just a few people buy the more expensive one.